Cociș in 2013
|Full name||Răzvan Vasile Cociș|
|Date of birth||19 February 1983|
|Place of birth||Cluj-Napoca, Romania|
|Height||1.81 m (5 ft 11 in)|
|2011||→ Karpaty Lviv (loan)||11||(2)|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 26 October 2016|
‡ National team caps and goals correct as of 27 June 2014
Răzvan Vasile Cociș (Romanian pronunciation: [rəzˈvan ˈkotʃiʃ]; born 19 February 1983) is a former Romanian footballer who last played for Chicago Fire in Major League Soccer. He was usually an attacking midfielder but could play in a variety of other midfield positions as well as up-front. He was also well known for his close control.
Cociș is one of the graduates of the prolific school of football at Universitatea Cluj where, amongst other team mates, won a national youth title. After earning a regular first team spot at not even 21 years of age, there were rumours that clubs made offers for him, including Stade Rennais FC, but at the end of the season he was sold to Moldovan team Sheriff Tiraspol alongside another player of his generation, George Florescu.
He signed a contract that expired on 31 December 2009 with Lokomotiv, which cost Lokomotiv 2.6 million euros to sign. He scored his first goal in the Russian league against Rubin Kazan. His former clubs include U Cluj and Sheriff Tiraspol. He signed a three-month contract on 1 March 2010 with FC Timişoara until the summer, with option to renewal for 5 years. On 22 May, it was announced that Răzvan Cociș signed a contract with Saudi Arabian side Al-Nassr.
On 25 February 2011, he moved to Ukrainian club Karpaty Lviv on loan from Al-Nassr. He scored his first goal for Karpaty, in their 1–0 win over Shakhtar Donetsk. In June, he signed a permanent deal with Karpaty after the 2010–11 season.
On 14 July 2014 it was announced Cociș had joined Chicago Fire of Major League Soccer. He re-signed with the club on 23 January 2016. On 23 November 2016 Chicago Fire announced they did not exercise his option for the next year.
Cociș made his national debut on 17 August 2005 against Andorra in a 2–0 win
|1||28 February 2006||GSP Stadium, Nicosia, Cyprus||Armenia||2–0||2–0||Friendly match|
|2||10 September 2008||Tórsvøllur, Tórshavn, Faroe Islands||Faroe Islands||1–0||1–0||2010 FIFA World Cup qualification|
|Correct as of 11 November 2011|
On 13 July 2015 Chicago Fire announced Razvan had received a US green card which qualifies him as a domestic player for MLS roster purposes. He is currently married with Oana Sirbu with whom he has 2 boys , Ayan and Milan Cocis .
- Кочиш: пришло время расставаться с "Локомотивом" Archived 13 December 2009 at the Wayback Machine (in Russian)
- Cocis makes Lokomotiv move
- "Локо" приобрёл защитника и нападающего[permanent dead link] (in Russian)
- "Chicago Fire add veteran Romanian international midfielder Razvan Cocis". MLS. 14 July 2014. Retrieved 26 August 2018.
- "Chicago Fire Add Two Players to 2016 Roster". chicago-fire.com. 23 January 2016.
- "Chicago Fire Exercises Contract Options on Nine Players". chicago-fire.com. 23 November 2016.
- "Chicago Fire Midfielder Razvan Cocis Receives U.S. Green Card". chicago-fire.com. 13 July 2015. Retrieved 14 July 2015.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Răzvan Cociș.|
- Răzvan Cociș at National-Football-Teams.com
- Răzvan Cociș at RomanianSoccer.ro (in Romanian) and StatisticsFootball.com
- Răzvan Cociș at Soccerway