R. J. Stanford
|No. -- Free agent|
|Date of birth:||May 6, 1988|
|Place of birth:||Inglewood, California|
|Height:||5 ft 10 in (1.78 m)|
|Weight:||187 lb (85 kg)|
|High school:||Chino (CA)|
|NFL Draft:||2010 / Round: 7 / Pick: 223|
|* Offseason and/or practice squad member only|
|Career NFL statistics as of Week 17, 2014|
Raymond "R. J" Perry Stanford (born May 6, 1988) is an American football cornerback who is currently a free agent. Stanford was drafted by the Carolina Panthers in the seventh round of the 2010 NFL Draft. He played college football at Utah.
He attended Chino High School in Chino, California. He was a first-team all C.I.F. and conference offensive player of the year in 2004-05. He carried the ball 233 times without a fumble as a senior, when he rushed for 1,800 yards and 28 touchdowns.
While playing for the Utah Utes, he started at cornerback and at nickelback and played in 51 of 52 total games during his career, the lone exception being his college debut as a true freshman in 2006. Stanford began his college career as a running back before transitioning to the cornerback position midway through his freshman year.
Second stint with the Miami Dolphins
- R. J. Stanford - Yahoo Sports
- Panthers Draft Pick #223 Analysis: DB RJ Stanford
- R.J. Stanford breaks leg
- Bengals sign CB R.J. Stanford from Dolphins
- Cincinnati Bengals on Twitter: NEWS: #Bengals terminate CB R.J. Stanford
- Gantt, Darin. "Dolphins bring back cornerback R.J. Stanford". Pro Football Talk. Retrieved 25 November 2014.
- Twentyman, Tim (July 28, 2015). "Lions sign cornerback R.J. Stanford". Detroit Lions. Retrieved July 28, 2015.