|Occupation||Editorial Director, Swarajya |
Former Editor-in-chief of Firstpost, Moneycontrol and Forbes India
R. Jagannathan (full name: Raghavan Jagannathan) is an Indian journalist who serves as the editorial director of Swarajya, an Indian magazine founded by Khasa Subba Rau in 1956. He assumed this position in December 2015. Before that, he was editor-in-chief of all Network18 publications including the online news website FirstPost.com and Moneycontrol.com as well as Forbes India. He left Network18 in November 2015.
He has previously written for or edited publications such as The Financial Express, Business Standard, Daily News and Analysis, The Times of India and BusinessWorld. He refers to himself as Jaggi.
- R Jagannathan (2011-06-24). "Next superpower? We can't even get our own names right…". Firstpost. Retrieved 2013-11-06.
- "Islamic State, RSS And The Lazy Intellectualism Of Ramchandra Guha".
- "State's eagerness to hang 1993 Mumbai blast convict Yakub Memon doesn't quite pass the smell test".
- "R Jagannathan moves from Firstpost to Swarajya as Editorial Director". The News Minute. 1 December 2015. Retrieved 20 August 2017.
- "Editorials". The Financial Express. 2001-11-30. Retrieved 2013-11-06.
- "R Jagannathan: Renewing the Indian Union". Business Standard. 2005-02-22. Retrieved 2013-11-06.
- "Why Lingayats, and pretty much all other communities, crave minority status in India".
- "Network18 promotes R Jagannathan as editor-in-chief, web and publishing". Afaqs.com. 2013-03-21. Retrieved 2013-11-06.
- R. Jagannathan's column for Swarajya
- R. Jagannathan's column for FirstPost
- R. Jagannathan's Personal Blog
- Editor in Chief of Network18
- R. Jagannathan on Twitter