|Location||Radeberg, Saxony, Germany|
|Annual production volume||1.90 million hectolitres (1,620,000 US bbl) in 2015|
|Owned by||Radeberger Group|
|Parent||Dr. Oetker (since 2004)|
Radeberger started in 1872 when the brewery was founded as Zum Bergkeller, in Radeberg, a town in the vicinity of Dresden. Radeberger ranks number 9 among Germany's best selling breweries. Tucher Bräu brewery is owned by Radeberger Brewery.
This beer was also brewed for a period for the King of Saxony. It was the first brewery in Germany to brew beer exclusively in the Pilsner style and which still exists today. Radeberger elected to change its name to the present name of Radeberger Exportbierbrauerei. This change came in 1885 when they began shipping across the borders. By the late 1880s the brewers numbers had risen to 300,000 cases per year. The first German chancellor, Otto von Bismarck elevated Radeberger Pilsner to "Kanzler-Bräu" (chancellor brew) in 1887. The brewery takes pride in the fact that in 1905, Radeberger Pilsner became the favourite drink of king Frederick Augustus III of Saxony. Also that same year Radeberger began to export to the USA and Canada.
In 1946, the communist East German government took control of the brewery. In 1954, the company began to export worldwide. In 1990, after the fall of the Berlin Wall, Binding Brauerei purchased the company and returned its sales to West Germany. After the purchase, the brewery underwent comprehensive renovations to bring their brewery up to speed with modern brewing. By 1994, it expanded to 1 million Hectoliter production rate. In 2004 Oetker Gruppe, purchased the company and removed them from the stock market, thus making Radeberger a private company. Radeberger was made the favourite beer of the character Charlie Harper in the TV series Two and a Half Men due to a cooperation with the brewery. Vladimir Putin, during his days as a KGB agent in Dresden in 1980s, especially enjoyed the beer of Radeberg.
They also brew 'Uberbrau' for Wesfarmers in the Australian market.
- "Biermarken in Deutschland". aktiongutesbier.de. n.d. Retrieved 2016-10-12.
- "Tucher Bräu GmbH & Co. KG" (in German). Bier-Universum.de. Retrieved 29 March 2015.
- Jackson, Michael. Ultimate Beer, page 125, DK Publishing, Inc., 1998. ISBN 0-7894-3527-6
- Radeberger Exportbierbrauerei
- Radeberger Gruppe AG - Company Profile, Information, Business Description, History, Background Information on Radeberger Gruppe AG
- warum-charlie-sheen-bei-two-and-a-half-men-radeberger-pilsener-trinkt (german)
- Truscott, Peter. Putin's Progress, page 58, Pocket Books, 2004. ISBN 0-7434-9607-8
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Radeberger Exportbierbrauerei.|