Marvell Software Solutions Israel
|Purchased by Marvell Technology Group|
|Headquarters||Tel Aviv, Israel|
|CEO: Yuval Cohen
Ex-CEO: Jacob Zanke
Number of employees
Marvell Software Solutions Israel, known as RADLAN Computer Communications Limited before 2007, is a wholly owned subsidiary of Marvell Technology Group, that specializes in local area network (LAN) technologies.
The RADLAN's core technology, Open and Portable Embedded Networking System (OpENS), provided IP-routed core software coupled with customizable management application, development environment and testing tools.
RADLAN's product lines are divided into three areas of development:
- Intelligent Intranet Switching;
- Intranet Accelerator Engines;
- Intelligent Network Services.
The company was founded in 1998 as a spin-off from RND, which was founded by brothers Yehuda and Zohar Zisapel. RND was also the product of a spin-off, from the Zisapel brothers' RAD Group. Eventually, RND was split into two companies - Radware and RADLAN.
Yuval Cohen replaced Jacob Zankel as chief executive in late 2006.
California-based Marvell said it would incorporate its mixed-signal ICs with RADLAN's networking infrastructure drivers, interfaces and software modules to make improved networking communications products like routers. Currently, Marvell's product lineup includes read channels (which convert analog data from a magnetic disk into digital data for computing), preamplifiers, and Ethernet switch controllers and transceivers.
On May 2007 Radlan was officially renamed to Marvell Software Solutions Israel (MSSI), to complete the integration into Marvell.
- "Marvell Acquires RADLAN Computer Communications Ltd., A Leading Provider of Embedded Networking Software.", Business Wire - Article date: February 6, 2003, retrieved 2009-11-22
- "RADLAN Computer Communications Ltd. is now Marvell Software Solutions Israel", IVC Research Center, retrieved 2009-11-22