Rajkumari Ratna Singh
|Member of Parliament|
|Preceded by||Akshay Pratap Singh|
|Succeeded by||Harivansh Singh|
|Born||29 April 1959|
New Delhi, India
|Political party||Indian National Congress|
|Parents||Raja Dinesh Singh|
General elections 2009
Ratna Singh regained the Pratapgarh constituency in the Indian general elections, 2009, defeating her nearest Samajwadi Party rival Prof. Shivakant Ojha, by over 30,000 votes. Akshay Pratap Singh came in third, and fourth was the noted criminal-politician Ateeq Ahmed who was fighting the elections from prison. Partly, her victory has been attributed to a re-allocation of the boundaries of the electoral district, whereby Raja Bhaiya's Kunda district was re-apportioned to a separate area.
- "Erstwhile rajas in poll race". The Hindu. 23 March 2009.
- http://ibnlive.in.com/politics/electionresults/constituency/24/24/pratapgarh.html Pratapgragh] CNN IBN
- "Who will clean up filthy and feudal Pratapgarh? - Lok Sabha Election news - Rediff.com". Election.rediff.com. 2009-04-23. Retrieved 2014-03-15.
- Lok Sabha Profile Govt. of India website
- Biographical Sketch:Member of Parliament at Parliament of India website.
|This article about an Indian National Congress politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|