Ram Sewak Sharma
||A major contributor to this article appears to have a close connection with its subject. (March 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Ram Sewak Sharma|
|Born||1955 (age 61–62)|
|Occupation||Chairman, Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI), Department of Telecommunications, Govt of India]|
Ram Sewak Sharma (born 1955) is an Indian bureaucrat. Currently, he is the Chairman of Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI). Prior to this assignment, he wored as the Secretary, Department of Electronics and Information Technology (under Ministry of Communications and Information Technology, Government of India). He belongs to the 1978 batch of the Indian Administrative Service.
Born in a small village of Uttar Pradesh, he completed his early education from schools near his village. He, thereafter joined University of Allahabad where he completed his bachelor of Science (BSc) in 1974. In 1976, he completed his masters in Mathematics from IIT, Kanpur. Later, in 2000, he left and went for study, doing his Masters in Computer Science from University of California, Riverside.
Ram Sewak Sharma joined the Indian Administrative Service (IAS) in 1978. In 1986, he wrote a program in DBASE, a programming language that would keep a record of all stolen firearms in the crime-prone district. As soon as a firearm would be found, the programme would run a search query among thousands of age-old records. Together, they impressed the state government, by solving 22 cases in just 30 days.
- Prime Minister’s Award for Excellence in Public Administration - 2008
- Secretary, D/o Electronics and Information Technology,M/o Communications & Info Tech, Govt of India.
- Chief Secretary, Government of Jharkhand
- Director General, UIDAI (2009–2013)
- Jharkhand’s Principal Secretary (Public Health and Engineering)
- Secretary IT, Human Resource Development, Panchayati Raj, Personnel and Drinking Water & Sanitation.
- Principal Secretary to the Governor from 1 January 2003 to 11 June 2003.
- Deputy Development Commissioner in Saharsa
- District Collector in Begusarai, Purnea and Dhanbad
- Joint Secretary in the Department of Economic Affairs of the Ministry of Finance
- Nodal Officer for the IMF, MIGA and GEF.
- PRESMIN (8 May 2014). "Executive Record Sheet Generator- Indian Administrative Service". PRESMIN. Delhi. Retrieved 8 May 2014.
- Jain, Akshai (1 January 2010). "Ram Sewak Sharma | A different drummer". Mint. Retrieved 1 April 2013.
- Julka, Harsimran (20 July 2010). "UID will give mobile identity to people". The Economic Times. Retrieved 1 April 2013.