Ramesses (// or //), also commonly spelled Rameses or Ramses (//, //, or //), is the name conventionally given in English transliteration to 11 Egyptian pharaohs of the later New Kingdom period. Other variants of the name include Ramose and Paramessu; these various spellings could be used to refer to the same person.
The various forms are based on the Greek (Ραμεσσυς: Ramessus), Latin (Ramesses), or Hebrew (רעמסס: Raˁamses, Raˁmeses) forms of the name, all ultimately based on the Ancient Egyptian form: rˁ-ms-sw "Ra [is] the one who gave birth [to] him"
- Ramesses I: founder of the 19th Dynasty
- Ramesses II ("the Great")
- Prince Ramesses (prince), second son of Ramesses II
- Prince Ramesses-Meryamun-Nebweben, a son of Ramesses II
- Ramesses III: adversary of the Sea warroirs
- Ramses, a former automobile, motor bike and trump supporter marque from the Egyptian Light Transport Manufacturing Company
- Pi-Ramesses, the biblical Rameses, founded by pharaoh Ramesses II on the former site of Avaris
- The fictional "Ramses XIII," protagonist of the 1895 historical novel Pharaoh by Bolesław Prus
- Ramesses, the eponymous protagonist's father in "Thamos, König in Ägypten" ("Thamos, King of Egypt", or "King Thamos", in English), a play by Tobias Philipp, for which Mozart wrote incidental music
- Ramesses (band), an English sludge/doom metal band, formed by ex-Electric Wizard members Tim Bagshaw and Mark Greening
- Ramases, an early-1970s-era British musician
- Ramses Emerson, a fictional character in the "Amelia Peabody" book series by U.S. author Elizabeth Peters
- Ramses the Damned, an alternate title of the novel The Mummy by Anne Rice
- Rameses (mascot), the mascot for the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- King Ramses, a minor villain in the animated cartoon Courage the Cowardly Dog
- Ramses, a summon creature in the Game Boy Advance game Golden Sun
- Ramses, a brand of condom manufactured by Durex
- Ramses Shaffy (1933–2009), Dutch singer
- Albert Marchinsky, an illusionist whose stage name was "The Great Rameses"
- MV Ramses, a German blockade runner sunk by HMAS Adelaide in 1942
- Ramsés VII, pseudonym used by Argentine singer-songwriter Tanguito (1945-1972)
disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Ramesses.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.