Early life and Education
Kelej was born in February 1972. She holds a degree in Pharmacy from Alexandria University and she received an MBA from Robert Gordon University, Scotland on Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) integration with Business Strategy.
Rasha's initiatives include Merck Capacity Advancement Program that seeks to improve access to innovative healthcare solutions and to build healthcare and life science research capacity focusing on NCDs such as Diabetes, Hypertension, fertility, and Oncology, and “Merck More Than a Mother" campaign that seeks to reduce the stigmatization of infertile women, and empower them to live independent lives. Rasha was appointed as a member of the Human Resources, Science and Technology Cluster of the African Union’s Economic, Social and Cultural Council (ECOSOC), due to her commitment to building research capacity and improving working conditions, to benefit young scientists in Africa.
- Rasha has won the Women Empowerment award in Spain for the Merck more than a Mother campaign development and implementation in Africa.
- "New Merck Foundation appoints Rasha Kelej". www.pmlive.com. 2017-06-28. Retrieved 2017-07-18.
- Kenya NTV (2017-02-17), New campaign aimed at tackling infertility, retrieved 2017-07-18
- Reporter, Standard. "Merck More than a Mother Campaign Continues to Tackle Stigma of Infertile women in Kenya". The Standard. Retrieved 2017-07-18.
- Channels Television (2017-03-06), Discussing Infertile Women Empowerment With Rasha Kelej Pt 1, retrieved 2017-07-18
- "Making a huge difference in Africa – Merck CSO Rasha Kelej tells us about "Creating 'Merck more than a Mother"". www.modernmomhq.com. Retrieved 2017-07-18.
- "Rasha Kelej Merck's Chief Social Officer: I am proud to work for Merck - Ask The Nutritionist". Ask The Nutritionist. 2017-01-17. Retrieved 2017-07-18.
- "Rasha Kelej Merck's Chief Social Officer : I am proud to work for Merck". africasciencenews.org. Retrieved 2017-07-18.