|Full name||Rashid Sumaila|
|Date of birth||18 December 1992|
|Place of birth||Cape Coast, Central region, Ghana|
|Height||1.82 m (6 ft 0 in)|
|Al-Gharafa ( on from loan Qadsia SC )|
|2014–2015||→ Asante Kotoko (loan)|
|2015||→ Qadsia SC (loan)||13||(1)|
|2016–||→ Al-Gharafa (loan)||9||(2)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 15 December 2016.
‡ National team caps and goals correct as of 11 June 2014
Rashid Sumaila (Arabic: راشد السوميلا; born 18 December 1992 in Cape Coast) is a Ghanaian professional footballer who plays for Al-Gharafa on loan from Qadsia SC as a centre-back and he is also a member of the Ghanaian national team.
Astronomers and Ebusua Dwarfs
Born in Cape Coast, Rashid Sumaila, affectionately known as Rash, began his playing career in the junior ranks of Cape Coast Adisadel-based Astronomers before going on to join Glo Premier League club Ebusua Dwarfs in 2007. He progressed through the ranks at Ebusua Dwarfs and made his senior debut in the 2010–11 Glo Premier League season.
RC Lens (trial) and Asante Kotoko
Ghana national under-20 team
- 2011 African Youth Championship
Ghana national under-23 team
- 2011 All-Africa Games
Sumaila was a member of the Ghana national under-23 football team that won Ghana's first All-Africa Games football Gold medal in the Football at the 2011 All-Africa Games when they defeated South Africa national under-23 football team 4–2 on penalty shoot-out at the Estádio do Zimpeto in Maputo, Mozambique on 17 September 2011.
Ghana national team
- 2012 Africa Cup of Nations
In December 2011, Sumaila was named to the Ghana national football team's provisional 25-man squad for the 2012 Africa Cup of Nations, but was not included by the Ghana national football team technical staff for the tournament's final 23-man squad.
- "2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil: List of Players" (PDF). FIFA. 11 June 2014. p. 17. Retrieved 11 June 2014.
- "Ebusua Dwarfs 1–0 Berekum Arsenal FC". westafricanfootball.com. 30 October 2011. Retrieved 25 February 2012.
- "Ghana defender Sumaila on trials in France". Ghanasoccernet.com. 21 November 2011. Retrieved 25 February 2012. Cite error: Invalid
<ref>tag; name "Ghana_defender_Sumaila_on_trials_in_France" defined multiple times with different content (see the help page).
- "Black Stars squad announced". Ghana Football Association. 7 November 2011. Retrieved 7 November 2011.
- Mensah, Kent (15 December 2011). "Ghana announce 25-man squad for 2012 Africa Cup of Nations". goal.com. Goal.com. Retrieved 25 February 2012.