Inkoom with Dnipro in 2011
|Full name||Samuel Inkoom|
|Date of birth||1 June 1989|
|Place of birth||Sekondi-Takoradi, Ghana|
|Height||1.79 m (5 ft 10 1⁄2 in)|
|Playing position||Right back, right winger|
|1999–2000||Junior Juventus Academy|
|2013||→ Bastia (loan)||4||(0)|
|2014||→ Platanias (loan)||15||(0)|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 15:24, 1 March 2016 (UTC).
On 26 April 2009 he moved for an undisclosed fee from Asante Kotoko to FC Basel in the Swiss Super League on a three-year contract. He made his Basel debut in a 2–0 defeat to FC St. Gallen on 12 July 2009, at the AFG Arena. He was a member of their double trophy winning team in 2010.
On 23 January 2011 Inkoom moved to FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk of the Ukrainian Premier League. On 30 October 2011 in a league game against FC Karpaty Lviv, Inkoom received a yellow card for taking his shirt off while leaving the pitch to be substituted by Yevhen Shakhov. This was Inkoom's second yellow card of the game and he received a red card and Shakhov could not come on. His side were able to hold out for the 2–0 away win though.
In February 2013 Inkoom moved to Bastia of the French Ligue 1 for the rest of the 2013-14 season. The following season Inkoom again moved on six-month loan, this time to Greek side Platanias in January 2014.
The right back defender is a former member of the Black Satellites. He played with the team at 2009 African Youth Championship in Rwanda. The team emerged the winner at that tournament, he was part of the satellite side that beat Brazil in a penalty shoot out to anex the cup for Africa and Ghana for the first time in the under 20 tournament in 2009. Inkoom played his first game for the senior side, the Black Stars, on 20 November 2008 against Tunisia.
He received his first start for Ghana in the World Cup qualifier against Benin on 28 March, which Ghana won 1–0. Inkoom used to be a member of the Black Starlets. He was in the extended squad for the 2005 FIFA U-17 World Championship in Peru. He was part of Ghana's 2015 Africa Cup of Nations campaign, helping them reach the final, where they lost in a penalty shootout against the Ivory Coast.
- FC Basel
- Ghana U-20
- "2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil: List of Players" (PDF). FIFA. 11 June 2014. p. 17. Retrieved 11 June 2014.
- OneTouch Premier League All Star Game on www.onetouch.com.gh
- FC Basel 1893 (2009). "FCB verpflichtet Nationalspieler aus Ghana" (in German). FC Basel 1893. Retrieved 2009-04-29.
- Samuel Inkoom agrees Basel move on www.modernghana.com
- FC Basel holt 19-jährigen Ghanaer Fc Basel holt 19 jaehrigen ghanaer $11, 746, 000, FC Basel holt 19-jährigen Ghanaer. on www.blick.ch.
- St. Gallen 2 – Basel 0
- Weber, Dominik (2010). "FCB HOLT DEN 13. TITEL! Verdienter 2:0-Sieg gegen YB!" (in German). FC Basel 1893. Retrieved 2010-05-16.
- Wyder, Luks (2010). "Der FCB ist dank eines 6:0-Sieges Cupsieger 2010" (in German). FC Basel 1893. Retrieved 2010-05-09.
- Off The Ball: The end is nigh, bum grope gate. soccernet.espn.go.com.
- UKR Protocol 2011–2012.
- "Samuel Inkoom joins SC Bastia on loan". Goal.com. Retrieved 4 April 2014.
- "Inkoom: Platanias FC move a "huge relief"". Goal.com. Retrieved 4 April 2014.
- "D.C. United signs midfielder/defender Samuel Inkoom". dcunited.com. Retrieved 5 September 2014.
- Samuel Eboue Antalyaspor'da‚ ntv.com.tr, 6 January 2016
- Swiss club moves for Kotoko's Samuel Inkoom on www.modernghana.com
- Ghana beat Cameroon to win U-20 title www.http://sports.thinkghana.com
- Ghana – Tunisia friendly match confirms doubts on www.en.afrik.com – Tunisia friendly match confirms doubts
- Kotoko to lose Agyemang Badu & Samuel Inkoom on www.theghanaianjournal.com
- Starlets begin camping
- Hughes, Ian (1 February 2015). "Ghana 3-0 Guinea". BBC Sport. Retrieved 1 February 2015.