|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Lok Sabha constituency||Narsapur|
|Vidhan Sabha constituency||Bhimavaram|
Rayakuduru is a village which comes under Veeravasaram Mandal, West Godavari district, Andhra Pradesh, India. During Kakatiya's ruling village initial name was SundaraPuram(it was derived from Lord sundareswara swamy i.e. from lingakar sivalingam) later it changed to Rayakuduru. The population of this village is more than 10,000. (As per 2001 census). The Goddess of the village is Mavullamma sisters. The main crops in this village are rice and fish. The area is around in 2000 hectares. At one time this village used to be a guest place for Raja sri krishna deve rayalu that is why this place was named as Rayal uduru which means rayal's nivas. Later this changed to Rayakuduru. In this village library established in the year of 1894 with the name of Sujanananda Crandhalayam.
- Sri Parvathi Muleswara Swamy Temple.
- Sri BhudeviSridevi Sametha Venkateswara Temple.
- Most Famous (Particularly in that area) Powerful Mavullamma Temple.
- Few Ramalayam' s
- Sri Veerabhadra temple
- Sri Paddalankaamma temple
- Sri Kanaka durga temple
- Sri Hanumman Temple
- Ayyappa Swami Temple
- 2-3 churches are there in this village
- By Train; You can reach Rayakuduru from veeravasaram railway station (5 km from veeravasaram). You can reach Rayakuduru via Bhimavaram (17 km from Bhimavaram). Trains are available from Hyderabad (Narsapur Express), Chennai (Circar Express), Bangalore (Seshadri Express), Vizag (Simhadri express), Mumbai(LTT-VSKP Exp), Tirupathi (Tirupathi - Narsapur exp).
- By Road Transport; You can reach Rayakuduru via Bhimavaram or Palakol (12 km from Palakol).
- By Air; Nearest Airport for Rayakuduru is Rajahmundry (Around 70 km). To reach Rajahmundry AirDeccan Service available from Chennai (International Airport). From Vijayawada Airport it may around 140 km.
Rayakuduru comes under Bhimavaram Assembly Segment and in Narsapur Parliamentary Constitution.
|This article about a location in West Godavari district, Andhra Pradesh is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|