Night in Fanny Hill
13 July 1985
Poole, Dorset, England
Rebecca Night was born in Poole, Dorset. She attended Yarrells Preparatory School in Upton, Dorset where she took great pleasure in being a part of the annual musical productions, and later Parkstone Grammar School in Poole as well as Brownsea Open Air Theatre. Night is a former member of the National Youth Theatre, where she appeared as Hero in Much Ado About Nothing and in Master & Margarita at the Lyric Hammersmith.
She has since played a wide range of roles including Catherine Linton in ITV's Wuthering Heights, alongside Tom Hardy, Sarah Jones in the Mike Figgis film Suspension of Disbelief and femme fatale Yvonne Moncin in Maigret, with Rowan Atkinson.
Currently, she can be seen in the original production of Terry Johnson's Prism, at the Hampstead Theatre, about the cinematographer Jack Cardiff (best known, perhaps, for The Prince and the Showgirl and The African Queen). To Robert Lindsay's Jack Cardiff, Night plays Lucy/Marilyn Monroe/Lauren Bacall.
- Mike Figgis' Suspension of Disbelief as Sarah
- Dartmoor Killing as Susan
- Leopard as The Girl, directed by Eoin Macken
- Fanny Hill as Fanny Hill
- "Maigret Sets a Trap" as Yvonne Moncin
- Starlings as Bell
- Wuthering Heights as Catherine Linton
- Lark Rise to Candleford as Nan Carter
- Agatha Raisin with Ashley Jensen
- Prism as Lucy/Marilyn Monroe/Betty Bacall Hampstead Theatre Written by Terry Johnson
- The Meeting as Ellen Hampstead Theatre
- Uncle Vanya as Yelena St James Theatre
- Grapes of Wrath as Rose of Sharon Chichester Festival Theatre
- Spoonface Steinberg as Spoonface Steinberg Etcetera Theatre and King's Head Theatre
- The Importance of Being Earnest as Cecily Cardew (Vaudeville Theatre and others)
- Mass Effect: Andromeda (2017) as Keri T'Vessa
- BT Infinity Broadband (2012) as Anna
- "Rebecca Night". btvguide.net. Retrieved 23 August 2014.
- BBC Four gets turned on to Andrew Davies' steamy adaptation of Fanny Hill, BBC (13 July 2007)