Night in Fanny Hill
13 July 1985
Poole, Dorset, England
Rebecca Night was born in Poole, Dorset. She attended Yarrells Preparatory School in Upton, Dorset where she took great pleasure in being a part of the annual musical productions, and later Parkstone Grammar School in Poole as well as Brownsea Open Air Theatre. Night is a former member of the National Youth Theatre, where she appeared as Hero in Much Ado About Nothing.
She graduated from Rose Bruford College in 2005, where she received critical acclaim for her performance in Patrick Marber’s After Miss Julie; it was said that she "[put] everything into her role."
She has also appeared in a number of TV adverts and short films, currently appearing in the BT Infinity adverts.
Night's highest-profile stage role, to date, is in a West End production of Oscar Wilde's The Importance of Being Earnest. She has said that being in a Wilde play "makes you want to stand a bit taller, and it's nice getting to play dress up and be kind of refined. But it's also nice to leave it all behind, at the end of the day, to be able to put on your trainers and jeans."
She has appeared in three ITV dramas: Wuthering Heights as Catherine Linton, Caught in a Trap as Becci, directed by Michael Samuels, and as Yvonne Moncin in the 2016 production of "Maigret Sets A Trap".
|2012-||TV Advert||BT Infinity Broadband||Anna||Ongoing|
|2011||TV movie||Rosamunde Pilcher: Vier Frauen||Laura Aird||4-part, 355 min.|
|2010||TV Series||Law and Order UK: Episode - Shaken||Leila Merton|
|2009||Feature film||Miss Irena's Children||Danuta||Filming|
|TV series||Lark Rise to Candleford||Nan Carter|
|TV movie||Caught in a Trap||Becci|
|TV movie||Wuthering Heights||Catherine Linton|
|2007||Stage||The Importance of Being Earnest||Cecily Cardew||Vaudeville Theatre
29 Jan-26 April 2008
12 Sept-24 Nov 2007
|Spoonface Steinberg||Spoonface Steinberg||Etcetera Theatre|
|TV movie||Fanny Hill||Fanny Hill|
- "Rebecca Night". btvguide.net. Retrieved 23 August 2014.
- BBC Four gets turned on to Andrew Davies' steamy adaptation of Fanny Hill, BBC (13 July 2007)
- Smith, Derek Rose Bruford College Acting & Actor Musicianship Student Showcase, The Stage (12 May 2005)
- "Harry Hadden-Paton". Official London Theatre. 18 January 2012. Retrieved 16 July 2016.
- Guilfoyle, Lizzie The Importance of Being Earnest — casting complete, Indie London
- Wolf, Matt Fresh Face: Rebecca Night (17 January 2008)