This is an old revision of this page, as edited by I dream of horses at 11:48, 3 September 2016 (→Biography: clean up, typo(s) fixed: full time → full-time using AWB). The present address (URL) is a permanent link to this revision, which may differ significantly from the .
A major contributor to this article appears to have a close connection with its subject. (June 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Education||B.A. Pepperdine University, Juris Doctorate University of Idaho|
|Genre||paranormal romance, contemporary romance, romantic suspense|
- 1 Biography
- 2 Writing career
- 3 On writing
- 4 Reception
- 5 Selected bibliography
- 6 Reviews
- 7 Interviews
- 8 References
- 9 External links
Zanetti earned a B.A. in journalism from Pepperdine University, with a Political Science emphasis. At Pepperdine, she was the editor-in-chief of The Graphic newspaper and interned for former President Ronald Reagan. She was also a member of the Pi Phi Sorority.
After graduation, she was an art curator and an aide for U.S. Senator Dirk Kempthorne. She entered law school and earned her Juris Doctorate from the University of Idaho. She was admitted to the Idaho State Bar Association in 1999 and worked for both large and small firms. In 2010, she ended her contract as hearing examiner for Kootenai County, Idaho to temporarily concentrate on writing and family. After that, she taught law, but quit in November 2013 to write full-time. She lives in the Pacific Northwest with her husband, children, and extended family.
Zanetti is a member of Novelist's Inc. (NINC) and the International Thriller Writer's organization. She is a former member of the Idaho State Bar Association, Board member of Wisdomworks, Board member of CASA, and Board Member of the Women's Center.
- Rebecca Zanetti
She started writing in December 2008 during a blizzard in Northern Idaho Her first finished manuscript was a young adult paranormal romance, but faced rejection until she realized she should be writing romances with sex scenes and her agent had her rewrite it as adult. She wrote a chick lit and then a vampire romance, Fated.
A year later, she skipped going on the treadmill and instead sent out queries for Fated. The next day, Kensington requested a partial. Five days later, Caitlin Blasdell with Liza Dawson Associates requested a partial, and later that day, Kensington requested the full and so did the same agent. The next day, both called with offers. Fated was released in March 2011 from Kensington Brava as book one in the Dark Protectorate series. Book five in the series, Provoked, was the first of her books to hit the USA Today Bestseller List. Subsequent books in the series, Shadowed and Tamed (novella), also hit the list, with Marked making the New York Times Bestseller list.
Two books in this series, Consumed and Shadowed, were later included in the Lyrical Press-Books-A-Million High Notes program, creating trade paperbacks to be sold exclusively at Books A Million for three months before other retailers.
While in the middle of the Dark Protector Books, Zanetti wrote a romantic suspense novel called Forgotten Sins. Her agent took the book out on proposal, received several offers, and took the book to auction in 2013. Grand Central Forever prevailed at the auction, and Zanetti signed a four-book contract for the Sin Brothers Series in a mass market print contact. Forgotten Sins, Sweet Revenge, and Blind Faith, were all Top Pick Reviews at RT Book Reviews, with Blind Faith hitting the USA Today bestseller list. Total Surrender, released on March 31, 2015, hit the USA Today bestseller list.
Also in 2013, Zanetti signed a four book deal with Entangled for its Brazen Line. The first three category books, Against the Wall, Under the Covers, and Rising Assets were successful digitally, with Rising Assets the first of her books to hit the New York Times bestseller list. The fourth book, Over the Top, released in July 2015.
In 2014, Zanetti signed two new contracts with Kensington Publishing. The first, a four book Dark Protector spinoff called the Realm Enforcers, was first released digitally, including Wicked Ride on June 23, 2015, followed by Wicked Edge and Wicked Burn. The series features the Dunne enforcers from Ireland, and many familiar Dark Protectors make appearances.
The other contract was for a three book series called the Scorpius Syndrome for the Kensington Zebra mass market imprint. Scorpius Rising, a prequel novella, was released in August 2015 in the On the Hunt anthology also featuring Alexandra Ivy, Dianne Duvall, and Hannah Jayne. The first book, Mercury Striking, was published in February 2016, with Shadow Falling scheduled for an August 30, 2016 release and the third book, Justice Ascending, in January 2017.
Zanetti is also part of the 1001 Dark Nights coalition, with the Dark Protector’s novellas Teased, Tricked (October 2016) and Tantalized (March 2017).
In an interview, she discussed how her career as a lawyer affected her writing: "...law is about boiling a lot of facts down to one main theme and articulating that theme to other people. Writing is much the same. And believe it or not, your voice as a lawyer (how you get the facts across genuinely to a jury or judge) is similar to your voice as a writer – it’s all you. Also, both worlds are competitive and a bit scary but well worth it."
- Rising Assets, Marked, and Total Surrender have hit the New York Times Bestseller list.
- Blind Faith, Provoked, Shadowed, Tamed, Rising Assets, Total Surrender, Wicked Ride, Wicked Edge, and Wicked Burn have hit the USA Today Bestseller list.
- Forgotten Sins, Sweet Revenge, Total Surrender, Blind Faith, Marked, Wicked Edge, and Wicked Burn have all been 4.5 stars, Top Picks from RT Book Reviews.
- Total Surrender and Wicked Edge were Finalists for 2016 Romance Writers of America (RWA) Daphne du Maurier Awards for Excellence in Mystery/Suspense.
- Wicked Edge received a starred review in Publishers Weekly.
The Dark Protectors
- Tempted (novella)
- Twisted (novella)
- Tamed (novella)
- Teased (novella in 1001 Dark Nights)
- Tricked (novella in 1001 Dark Nights, October 25, 2016)
- Tantalized (novella in 1001 Dark Nights, March 2017)
Maverick Montana Series
- Against the Wall
- Under the Covers
- Rising Assets
- Over the Top
Sin Brothers Series
- Forgotten Sins
- Sweet Revenge
- Blind Faith
- Total Surrender
Blood Brothers Series
- Deadly Silence (October 2016)
Realm Enforcer Series
- Wicked Ride
- Wicked Edge
- Wicked Burn
- Wicked Kiss (summer 2017)
- Wicked Bite (summer 2017)
Scorpius Syndrome Series
- Scorpius Rising (ON THE HUNT Anthology)
- Mercury Striking
- Shadow Falling (August 30, 2016)
- Justice Ascending (January 31, 2017)
Rising Storm Soap Opera Series
- Take the Storm (Book 6)
- USA Today. Author inspirations: A persistent vampire, Ocean's Eleven, and Pretty Woman. usatoday.com. December 24, 2014.
- Estep, Jennifer. Q&A with Rebecca Zanetti.. www.jenniferestep.com. December 15, 2014.
- "Best Sellers January 11, 2015 E-Book Fiction". New York Times. Retrieved June 24, 2015.
- "Best Sellers April 20, 2014 E-Book Fiction". New York Times. Retrieved June 24, 2015.
- "Blind Faith". USA Today. Retrieved June 24, 2015.
- "Provoked". USA Today. Retrieved June 24, 2015.
- "Shadowed". USA Today. Retrieved June 24, 2015.
- "Tamed". USA Today. Retrieved June 24, 2015.
- "Rising Assets". USA Today. Retrieved June 24, 2015.
- "Total Surrender". USA Today. Retrieved June 24, 2015.
- "About Rebecca". Official Website for Rebecca Zanetti. Retrieved June 24, 2015.
- Dolan, Maureen (November 15, 2010). "A novel to sink your teeth into: 'Fated' earns Hayden woman three-book deal". The Coeur d' Alene Press. Retrieved June 24, 2015.
- Carson, Chloe (January 3, 2014). ""People are at their most vulnerable when they're naked together": The rise of erotic romance". Salon.com. Retrieved June 24, 2015.
- ITW Members
- "Guest Blog: Rebecca Zanetti..." Jennifer Estep Blog. December 15, 2014. Retrieved June 24, 2015.
- "A FATED Interview, Guest Blogger Rebecca Zanetti's First EVER Interview!". Southern Sizzle Romance. August 5, 2010. Retrieved June 24, 2015.
- "Kensington Signs Exclusive to Sell Ebook Imprint Titles in Print at Books-A-Million". Digital Book World. August 19, 2014. Retrieved June 24, 2015.
- Entangled Publishing Author Page
- "Best Sellers April 19, 2015 E-Book Fiction". New York Times. Retrieved June 24, 2015.
- "Wicked Ride (Realm Enforcers Book 1)". Retrieved August 2, 2016.
- "Wicked Edge (Realm Enforcers Book 2)". Retrieved August 2, 2016.
- "Wicked Burn". Retrieved August 2, 2016.
- "Book Reviews and Bestselling Lists". USA Today. Retrieved July 25, 2016.
- "Books by Rebecca Zanetti". RT Book Reviews. Retrieved June 24, 2015.
- Wilson, Jennifer. "Wicked Burn | RT Book Reviews". RT Book Reviews. Retrieved July 2, 2016.
- "List of Nominees for 2016 Daphne du Maurier Awards (pdf)" (PDF).
- "Fiction Book Review: Wicked Edge by Rebecca Zanetti". Publishers Weekly. October 5, 2015. Retrieved March 5, 2016.
- Q&A with Rebecca Zanetti