June 10, 1983 |
|Height||177 cm (5 ft 10 in)|
|Weight||60 kg (130 lb)|
|Club||İzmir Büyükşehir Belediyespor|
|Coached by||Nikolai Radionov|
|Achievements and titles|
Recep Çelik (born June 10, 1983 in Diyarbakır, Turkey) is a Turkish racewalker. The 177 cm (5.81 ft) tall athlete weighs 60 kg (130 lb), and is a member of the İzmir Büyükşehir Belediyespor, where he is coached by Nikolai Radionov. He graduated 2004 in physical education and sports from the Vocational College of Aksaray at Niğde University before he studied Regional Public Administration at Anadolu University.
He is the holder of the national records in 10 km walk (road) and 20 km walk (road). Recep Çelik represented Turkey in the 20km race walk event at the 2008 Olympics in Beijing. He is qualified to take part in the same event at the 2012 Olympics in London.
According to IAAF database, his personal bests are:
- 10 km walk: 40:44 min (2011)
- 20,000 m walk: 1:23:49.9 hrs (2011)
- 20 km walk: 1:22:31 hrs (2011) NR
- "Çelik, Recep". IAAF. Retrieved 2012-04-08.
- "Receep Çelik". Olympics at Sports Reference. Retrieved 2012-04-08.
- "Sporcular/Atletizm-Recep Çelik" (in Turkish). Gençlik ve Spor Bakanlığı-Türk Sporcular 2012 Londra Olimpiyatlarında. Retrieved 2012-05-25.
- Işık, Ali Fikri (2012-05-23). "Çelik, ikinci kez Olimpiyat Oyuları’nda". Taraf (in Turkish). Retrieved 2012-06-22.
- Bassey, Okan Udo (2008-08-03). "Turkish Olympic athletes raring to take on the world". Today's Zaman. Retrieved 2012-04-08.
- "Türkiye Balkanlara Madalyaya Yürüdü" (in Turkish). Türkiye Atletizm Federasyonu. 2011-04-13. Retrieved 2012-04-08. |
- "Diyarbakırlı Recep Çelik Balkan Şampiyonu". Haber Diyarbakır (in Turkish). 2011-04-12. Retrieved 2012-04-08.
- "List of athletes currently serving a period of ineligibility as a result of an anti-doping rule violation under IAAF Rules" (PDF). IAAF. 2012-11-02. Retrieved 2012-11-17.
|This biographical article relating to Turkish athletics and track and field is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|