Red Thread Games
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Computer and video games
Red Thread Games is an independent video game developer based in Oslo, Norway. Their first release was Dreamfall Chapters, the episodic sequel to Dreamfall: The Longest Journey, released in five episodes between 2014 and 2016.
The team consists of several veterans from the Norwegian game industry, primarily former employees of Funcom. The team has previously worked on The Longest Journey, Dreamfall, Age of Conan, The Secret World and other titles.
On 1 November 2012, Tørnquist announced that the long-awaited sequel to Dreamfall was on its way from his new development studio after obtaining 1,000,000 NOK in development grants from the Norwegian Film Institute for the pre production of Dreamfall Chapters.
On 29 May 2013, Red Thread Games was granted an additional 1,500,000 NOK (~$250,000) from the Norwegian Film Institute.
On 30 October 2013, RTG announced that they had begun working on a new game titled Draugen, a first-person survival horror set in the 1920s Norway. The development has been funded by the Norwegian Film Institute with a grant of 850,000 NOK (approx. $144,000).
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2013-05-31. Retrieved 2013-05-28.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link) Retrieved May 28th, 2013
- Ragnar Tørnquist [@ragso] (1 November 2012). "Yep, it's finally official. The sequel to #Dreamfall is on its way from my new development studio Red Thread Games. More information soon!" (Tweet) – via Twitter.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2013-11-01. Retrieved 2013-05-28.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link) Norwegian. Retrieved May 28th, 2013
- "Draugen" (in Norwegian). Norwegian Film Institute. 30 October 2013. Archived from the original on 1 November 2013. Retrieved 30 October 2013.
- Yin-Poole, Wesley (30 October 2013). "Dreamfall dev announces first-person survival horror Draugen". Eurogamer. Retrieved 30 October 2013.
- "Draugen official website". Red Thread Games. Retrieved 22 June 2018.
- "Kodenavn Svalbard" (in Norwegian). Norwegian Film Institute. Retrieved 23 May 2016.