Reginald Paul Dupre (pronounced du-PRAY) was born 1957 in Bourg, Louisiana, to Alida D. Naquin and Reggie Dupre Sr. Effective 2009 July 1, Reggie Dupre became director of levees for Terrebonne Parish, Louisiana.
At the time of his selection by the Levee Board, Reggie Dupre was a Democratic state senator for District 20 (Houma area), to which he was first elected in a special election in February 2001. He submitted his resignation on June 2, 2009 to state senate president Joel Chaisson, to take effect at close of business on June 30.
Dupre is a 1976 honor graduate of South Terrebonne High School. He completed a B.A. in political science from Louisiana State University in 1979 and worked for 5 years in the Terrebonne Parish Sheriff’s Department, receiving a Certificate from the Police Training Academy at Nicholls State University in 1981. He received a juris doctor from the Loyola University New Orleans School of Law in 1995 and entered the practice of law. Dupre is married and has three grown children and, as of 2009, two grandchildren. He is a parishioner of Saint Charles Borromeo Roman Catholic Church and a 3rd Degree Knight in the Knights of Columbus (Council 8616). He belongs to the Montegut and Bourg volunteer fire departments. Dupre is also in the supermarket business as owner of the independent Bourg Supermarket in Bourg, Louisiana.
- [dead link]
- "Our Campaigns - Candidate - Reggie P. Dupre, Jr". Ourcampaigns.com. Retrieved 12 July 2018.
- Nikki Buskey, Lawmaker takes over as local levee director in Houma Today, 2009 June 2 (accessed 2009 June 10).
- Local senator picked for top levee job in Houma Today, 2009 May 11 (accessed 2009 June 10).
- "DUPRE JR, REGGIE P". Followthemoney.org. Retrieved 12 July 2018.
- "Dupre bio on his The Louisiana Senate site] (accessed 2009 June 10). Dupre's Bourg Supermarket is affiliated with MerchantCircle". Merchantcircle.com. Retrieved 12 July 2018.
|This article about a Louisiana politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|