|Origin||Athens, Georgia, United States|
|Labels||Joyful Noise Recordings, Vagrant Records, Lucky Number Music|
Reptar is an American band from Athens, Georgia founded by members Graham Ulicny (guitar, vocals), Ryan Engelberger (bass), William Kennedy (keyboards) and Andrew McFarland (drums).
Reptar's first release, Oblangle Fizz Y'all, came out on August 2, 2011 through Vagrant Records and Make Records not Bombs. Jace Bartlet (guitar) joined in 2012, playing his first show at the Georgia Theater for New Year's Eve 2011-2012. That same year, Reptar released their debut album Body Faucet through Vagrant Records on May 1 and reached #7 on the Billboard Heatseekers chart.
The band's name is taken from the Rugrats character Reptar, which singer/guitarist Graham Ulicny explained "I first tried to name the band Invisible Boyfriend, and everybody goes, 'that is the stupidest name I have ever heard in my life.'" Said Ulicny: "[Reptar] is the second stupidest band name we have ever heard."
On January 14, 2015 Reptar announced that they'd signed to Joyful Noise Recordings and made a limited edition, non-album single available for pre-order Reptar announced the release date for their second album Lurid Glow and premiered a single from the album, "Ice Black Sand" on February 4, 2015.
- Graham Ulicny - vocals, guitar (2009–present)
- Ryan Engelberger - bass (2009–present)
- William Kennedy - keyboards (2009–present)
- Andrew McFarland - drums (2009–present)
- Jace Bartlet - guitar (2012–2014)
|Oblangle Fizz Y'all (EP)|
|2010||"Houseboat Babies" / "Cannabis Canyon" (Radio Edit)||Make Records Not Bombs||Non-Album Tracks|
|2012||"Stuck In My Id"||Lucky Number Music||Oblangle Fizz Y'all (EP)|
|2015||"In Through The Eyelids" / "Delusional"||Joyful Noise Recordings||Non-Album Single|
- Mistich, Dan (August 15, 2012). "Reptar: Body Faucet". PopMatters. Retrieved April 2, 2013.
- Cohen, Ian (May 24, 2012). "Reptar - Body Faucet". Pitchfork Media. Retrieved April 2, 2013.
- Reed, Ryan (May 1, 2012). "Reptar: Body Faucet". Paste Magazine. Retrieved April 2, 2013.
- Ferguson, Jason on (May 1, 2012). "Album Review: Reptar - Body Faucet". Consequence of Sound. Retrieved April 2, 2013.
- Nicholson, Rebecca (June 28, 2012). "Reptar: Body Faucet - review". The Guardian. Retrieved April 2, 2013.
- Thomas, Edward (June 29, 2012). "Reptar - 'Body Faucet' - A party band that are deft at being daft". NME. Retrieved April 2, 2013.
- Cherrie, Chrysta. Body Faucet at AllMusic. Retrieved April 2, 2013.
- "Reptar Homepage". p. Read Me. Retrieved April 2, 2013.
There are four boys who make up Reptar. They have offered twice as many (if not more) explanations for why they chose to name their band after a Rugrats character. But these days, the Athens, GA based group is sticking to this one: "I first tried to name the band Invisible Boyfriend," giggles singer-guitarist Graham Ulicny. "And everybody goes, 'that is the stupidest name I have ever heard in my life.'" So why Reptar? "It is the second stupidest band name we have ever heard."