Reston Town Center station
|Line(s)||Silver Line (planned)|
|Platforms||1 island platform|
Reston Town Center (preliminary name Reston Parkway) is a planned rapid transit station on the Silver Line of the Washington Metro in Reston, an unincorporated area in Northern Virginia. Expected to open in late 2019 or 2020, it will be part of the second phase of the Silver Line project, extending the line westwards to Dulles International Airport and eastern Loudoun County.
Reston Town Center station will be located in the central section of Reston, specifically within the median of SR 267 (Dulles Toll Road) to the west of its interchange with SR 602 (Reston Parkway). Reston Town Center is approximately 2,000 ft (610 m) to the north.
As with all stations on the Silver Line within Fairfax County, the Fairfax County Planning Commission aims to transform the surrounding area into a mixed-use, dense, and walkable neighborhood connected to Reston Town Center. The Planning Commission has delineated an area bounded by New Dominion Parkway, Reston Parkway, Sunset Hills Road, Sunrise Valley Drive, and Fairfax County Parkway for transit-oriented development. The vast majority of the precinct is devoted to mixed-use zoning, while some outlying areas are designated for office, industrial, or government use.
|G||Street Level||Exit/ Entrance|
|M||Mezzanine||One-way faregates, ticket machines, station manager|
|Westbound||← Silver Line (under construction) toward Ashburn (phase 2) (Herndon)|
|Island platform, under construction|
|Eastbound||→ Silver Line (under construction) toward Largo Town Center (phase 2) (Wiehle – Reston East) →|
As with most Silver Line stations, Reston Town Center will have a single island platform with two tracks. Since the station will be built within the median of the Dulles Toll Road, there will be two pedestrian bridges crossing the highway, linking the station to the surrounding area. In addition, bus bays will be present on both the north and south sides of Route 267.
- 2 station entrances (both sides of SR 267)
- Pedestrian bridge crossing SR 267
- Bus dropoff/pickup (both entrances)
- Kiss & Ride (both entrances)
- "Second Phase Of Silver Line Delayed By At Least 13 Months". April 27, 2015. Retrieved April 27, 2015.
- Hosh, Kafia (March 29, 2011). "Fairfax OKs names for new Metrorail stations". Washington Post. Retrieved March 29, 2011.
- "Silver Line stations". Dulles Metro. Retrieved June 11, 2016.
- "Reston Parkway station area community meeting" (PDF). Fairfax County Planning Commission. Retrieved June 11, 2016.
- "Dulles Metrorail - Reston Town Center". Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority. Retrieved August 26, 2013.
|This article relating to the Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Virginia train station-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|