Retriever Activities Center
The Retriever Activities Center prior to the 2008 America East Conference Championship Game
|Former names||UMBC Fieldhouse|
|Address||1000 Hilltop Cir, Baltimore, MD 21250|
|Public transit||MTA 77|
|Owner||University of Maryland, Baltimore County|
Retriever Activities Center is a 4,024-seat multi-purpose arena in Catonsville, Maryland. The arena opened in 1973. It is home to the UMBC Retrievers basketball and volleyball teams, who represent the University of Maryland, Baltimore County in NCAA Division I athletics. It hosted the 2008 America East Conference men's basketball tournament finals.
The Retriever Activities Center (RAC) has numerous purposes for UMBC, both for athletics and student life. The new UMBC Events Center located at the intersection of Hilltop Circle and Commons Drive, adjacent to Giffen Hill, will replace the RAC for various activities including basketball games, student athlete health, student events, and commencement ceremonies.
The RAC includes:
- UMBC Aquatic Complex, a state-of-the-art swimming pool complex (indoor and outdoor), as well as locker rooms and showers.
- RAC Arena, the main arena for the university used for basketball games, student events, and commencement ceremonies.
- RAC Gymnasium, the student gym complex includes a weight room, cardio balcony, and fitness studio.
- Arena Track, an indoor track encircling the main arena used for running and jogging.
- Outdoor Tennis Courts, located behind the RAC, the Outdoor Tennis Courts offer an additional amenity to the center.
|This article about a sports venue in Maryland is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|