|Single by Asian Kung-Fu Generation|
|from the album Sol-fa|
|Released||August 4, 2004|
|Format||CD single, Maxi-single|
|Producer(s)||Asian Kung-Fu Generation|
|Asian Kung-Fu Generation singles chronology|
"Rewrite" (リライト Riraito?) is a song by Japanese rock band Asian Kung-Fu Generation. It was released as the third single of their second full-length studio album, Sol-fa, on August 4, 2004. In 2016, they re-recorded Rewrite along with all songs from Sol-fa and released on November 30, 2016.
The song experienced immense domestic and international popularity after it was chosen as the fourth and final opening theme of the anime series Fullmetal Alchemist. Peaking at number four on the Oricon charts, the single sold nearly 150,000 units by the end of the year it was released, making it the 63rd single of the year. It later went on to win Best Anime Theme Song at the 2007 American Anime Awards.
The song is listed on the appendix of Robert Dimery's book 1001 Songs You Must Hear Before You Die (And 10001 You Must Download).
The music video for "Rewrite" was directed by Kazuyoshi Oku. The video primarily features the band playing in front of enormous speakers. During the song's breakdown, the four bandmembers temporarily levitate in the air.
- Masafumi Gotō – lead vocals, rhythm guitar
- Kensuke Kita – lead guitar, background vocals
- Takahiro Yamada – bass, background vocals
- Kiyoshi Ijichi – drums
- Asian Kung-Fu Generation – producer
- Tohru Takayama – mixing, recording
- Mitsuharu Harada – mastering
- Kenichi Nakamura – recording
- Yusuke Nakamura – single cover art
|2012||Japan Hot 100||49|
- "ASIAN KUNG-FU GENERATION: "Rewrite"". Sony Music. Ki/oon Records Inc. Retrieved 2008-10-25.
- American Anime Awards official website
- Pegasus News Wire (2007-03-06). "FUNimation's FullMetal Alchemist Wins Five Awards At the Inaugural American Anime Awards". Pegasus News. PanLocal Media, LLC. Retrieved 2008-10-25.
- "SPACE SHOWER Music Video Search". SPACE SHOWER TV. SPACE SHOWER Networks Inc. Retrieved 2008-11-07. (Japanese)