Reza Zarei is a former chief of Tehran Police in charge of moralisation and enforcement of Islamic values.
In March 2008, Zarei was found with six naked women in a house of prostitution in Tehran. Zarei was himself in charge of the so-called "Public security plan" which was aimed at enforcing Islamic dress code and fight indecent behavior of youth in the Iranian capital.
Zarei was arrested and lost his post. However, in an interview broadcast by IRIB, the next commander of Tehran police denied all the accusations against Zarei. On April 23, 2008, Zarei was transferred to a hospital after an attempted suicide.
- "Iran anti-vice chief 'in brothel'". BBC. 2008-04-16. Retrieved 2008-04-24.
- دفاع فرمانده ناجا از سردار زارعی: او حداكثر رفتاري خلاف شأن انجام داده كه موضوع هم شخصي بوده. Entekhab News (in Persian). Archived from the original on 2008-04-25. Retrieved 2008-04-24.
- "Iran: Ex-police chief attempts suicide in prison". Adnkronos International. 2008-04-23. Retrieved 2008-04-24.
- Ahmad Reza Radan
- History of fundamentalist Islam in Iran
- Iranian police campaigner for virtue is arrested
|This biographical article related to the military of Iran is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|