Her songs have been described as including elements of "pop & country". She had firmly placed her roots in gospel music on release of the albums Oopmond, The Cure and Someone with Skin and has won several awards including the Crescendo Award in 2000. The album Die Moeite Werd appealed more to the secular market and has reached platinum status and continues to top South African music charts. Nel has also starred in the Afrikaans movie, N Saak Van Geloof alongside her co-star Robbie Wessels, the well acclaimed South African singer-songwriter/comedian.
Nel is a well acclaimed songwriter having written songs for Juanita Du Plessis, Bobby Van Jaarsveld and for Lianie May's most recent album, Lank Lewe Die Liefde. Nel has shared a stage with her sister Nianell, Bobby van Jaarsveld, Lianie May and many more.
Nel is a professed Christian. She married in 2013.
- Oopmond (2001) (Maranatha Record Company)
- The Cure (2003) (Maranatha Record Company)
- Someone with Skin (2005) (Maranatha Record Company)
- Collection Set (2006) (Maranatha Record Company)
- Die Moeite Werd (2011) (Coleske Artists)
- Die Regte Tyd (2014) (Coleske Artists)
- Jy Sal Weet (2016) (Coleske Artists)
- "RIANA NEL – Great Christian Music from South Africa". Revolution of Praise. 2010-08-22. Retrieved 2011-12-12.
- Blackrose, William. "Reana Nel". Musicians.co.za. Retrieved 2011-12-12.
- "Die Moeite Werd". Retrieved May 29, 2012.
- "DKNT Top 10: 17 Desember 2011". 19 Dec 2011. Retrieved May 29, 2012.
- "'n Saak van Geloof". Retrieved May 29, 2012.
- "Lank Lewe die Liefde". Retrieved May 29, 2012.
- "Welcome to Riana Nel Website". Riananel.co.za. Retrieved 2011-12-12.
|This Namibian biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article on an African musician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|