Richard Grossman (author)
|Born||August 10, 1943|
|Died||November 22, 2011|
Richard L. Grossman (August 10, 1943 – November 22, 2011) was best known for his work challenging the legality of corporate authority. According to Ralph Nader he 'pioneered the rediscovery of American corporate charter history'. He was the former Executive Director of Greenpeace USA, founder of Environmentalists for Full Employment, and former co-director of the Program on Corporations, Law and Democracy (POCLAD). He was co-author of Taking Care of Business: Citizenship and the Charter of Incorporation and Fear at Work. He lectured and organized widely on issues of corporate power, environmental justice, labor rights, and democracy.
Grossman attended Columbia University, graduating in 1965. He then served as a Peace Corps volunteer in the Philippines. In 1968, he signed the "Writers and Editors War Tax Protest" pledge, vowing to refuse tax payments in protest against the Vietnam War.
- The Nation, November 29, 2011
- Ralph Nader (1 April 2007). Crashing the Party: Taking on the Corporate Government in an Age of Surrender. St. Martin's Press. pp. 123–. ISBN 978-1-4299-7852-1.
- New York Times, October 12, 1985
- Philip Shabecoff (26 September 2012). A Fierce Green Fire: The American Environmental Movement. Island Press. pp. 235–. ISBN 978-1-59726-759-5.
- Columbia University: Richard Grossman ’65, Anti-Corporation Activist
- "Writers and Editors War Tax Protest" January 30, 1968 New York Post
- Charles Derber, Corporation Nation: How Corporations Are Taking Over Our Lives -- And What We Can Do about It, St. Martin's Press, 1998. ISBN 0-312-19288-6
- Ralph W. Estes & Ralph Nader, Taking Back the Corporation: A Mad as Hell Guide. ISBN 1-56025-787-3
- Ted Nace, Gangs of America: The Rise of Corporate Power and the Disabling of Democracy, Barrett-Koehler, 2005. ISBN 1-57675-319-0
- Dean Ritz (ed.), Defying Corporations, Defining Democracy: A Book of History & Strategies. ISBN 1-891843-10-9
- Lecture: Richard Grossman "Defining the Corporation, Defining Ourselves"
- Model Amici Curiae Brief to Eliminate Corporate Rights
- Interview with Richard Grossman - Bad Link
- Conniff Interview with Richard Grossman
- Barsamian interview, Challenging Corp Power
- In Memoriam: Richard Grossman 1943-2011
- Richard L. Grossman Obituary
- Full Employment: A Solution for the Job Blackmail problem