Richard P. Usatine
Richard P. Usatine, MD is a Professor of Family and Community Medicine, Dermatology and Cutaneous Surgery. He is Assistant Director of Medical Humanities Education at the University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio.
Usatine was born on October 12, 1956 in Brooklyn, NY. He grew up in Nanuet, NY where he graduated from high school in 1974. Following in his father's footsteps he attended Williams College and graduated summa cum laude in chemistry in 1978. While attending medical school at Columbia in New York he met his wife Janna. Together they moved to Los Angeles in 1982 so that Usatine could train in family medicine at UCLA.
Since 1984, Usatine has been working with medical students to provide health care to homeless families as well as the medically under-served. Usatine served as the medical director of four free clinics for homeless people in Los Angeles, California. In 2000, Usatine was recognized as the national recipient of the Humanism in Medicine Award, by the Association of American Medical Colleges. Usatine co-founded the medical student-run clinic at Alpha Home in San Antonio, Texas that opened in January 2005. Usatine created a Humanism in Medicine Fellowship for medical students that work during their senior year at the Alpha Home Clinic and the SAMM transitional living and learning center for homeless families. In 2008, Usatine won the Volunteer of the Year Award from the United Way of San Antonio and Bexar County in the category of Individual in Service to an Agency.
Usatine is the founder and medical director of the University Health System Skin Clinic in San Antonio. He is a board-certified family physician with special training and interest in dermatology. He is the national chair of the yearly Skin Course put on by the American Academy of Family Physicians. Usatine is the founder of the Interactive Dermatology Atlas on the web  and the editor of Photo Rounds in the Journal of Family Practice. Since 2000, he has been chosen yearly by his peers to be included in The Best Doctors in America. Usatine has been involved in Global Health through his work in Mexico, Guatemala, Panama, Haiti and Ethiopia.
Usatine is the co-author of over 130 articles and nine books:
- Color Atlas of Internal Medicine (2015)
- Cutaneous Cryosurgery 4/E (2014)
- Color Atlas of Pediatrics (2014)
- Color Atlas of Family Medicine 2/E (2013)
- Dermatologic and Cosmetic Procedures in Office Practice (2011)
- The Color Atlas of Family Medicine (2008)
- Practical Allergy (2003)
- Yoga Rx (2002) with Larry Payne, PhD 
- Skin Surgery: A Practical Guide (1998)
Usatine is the co-founder and co-president of Usatine Media, LLC, which has been developing medical apps for iOS (Apple iPhone, iPad and iPod touch) as well as Android since 2010. Usatine Media has produced apps in areas including anatomy, family medicine, dermatology, ultrasound, emergency medicine, infectious disease and aesthetics.
- "UTHSCSA - Faculty Profiles". Profiles.uthscsa.edu. Retrieved 2012-05-24.
- "Richard Usatine, Humanism in Medical Education". UCLA Spotlight. Retrieved 2013-05-24.
- "Providing substance abuse treatment to women in a loving environment / Alpha Home / Welcome". Alpha Home. Retrieved 2012-05-24.
- "Sharing the Vision Conference Brochure" (PDF). Retrieved 2012-05-24.
- State of Texas,University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio (2008-07-31). "HSC NEWS - United Way honors Dr. Usatine for work with free clinic". Uthscsa.edu. Retrieved 2012-05-24.
- "Interactive Dermatology Atlas - Main Page". Dermatlas.net. Retrieved 2012-05-24.
- "The Journal of Family Practice". Jfponline.com. Retrieved 2012-05-24.
- "Common River". Common River. Retrieved 2012-05-24.
- "McGraw-Hill: Color Atlas of Family Medicine 2/E : Book". Mhprofessional.com. 2013. Retrieved 2013-04-06.
- "Dermatologic and Cosmetic Procedures in Office Practice". Elsevier. 2012-05-10. Retrieved 2012-05-24.
- "McGraw-Hill: The Color Atlas of Family Medicine : Book". Mhprofessional.com. 2008-10-27. Retrieved 2012-05-24.
- "Practical Allergy, 1e (9780323012362): Etan Milgrom, Richard P. Usatine, Ricardo Tan, Sheldon Spector: Books". Amazon.com. Retrieved 2012-05-24.
- "Yoga RX: A Step-by-Step Program to Promote Health, Wellness, and Healing for Common Ailments (9780767907491): Larry Payne, Richard P. Usatine, Merry Aronson, Rachelle Gardner: Books". Amazon.com. Retrieved 2012-05-24.
- "Skin Surgery: A Practical Guide: Richard P. Usatine, Edward L. Tobinick, Daniel Mark Siegel: 9780815173625: Amazon.com: Books". Amazon.com. Retrieved 2012-05-24.
- "Usatine Media LLC". Retrieved 2012-05-24.