Richard C. Zampella|
March 30, 1966
Pompton Plains, New Jersey, U.S.
Richard Zampella is an American film and multimedia producer, who has collaborated with John Mulholland (director) on three documentaries films including; Sergeant York of God & Country (Warner Home Video—Narrated by Liam Neeson), Inside High Noon (Lions Gate Entertainment—Narrated by Frank Langella) and Cooper & Hemingway: The True Gen (Narrated by Sam Waterston). Cooper & Hemingway: The True Gen was reviewed by The New York Times film critic Andy Webster on October 11, 2013 and was named an NY Times Critics’ Pic by Manohla Dargis, A. O. Scott and Stephen Holden. Webster said the picture was proof that the work of these two men "endures and so does what they stood for".
Zampella also produced the 110th Anniversary Birthday Celebration of Jazz Legend Duke Ellington in conjunction with the Mayors Office of the City of NY  and the MTA when Michael Bloomberg Mayor designated "Duke Ellington Day" to celebrate the anniversary of the jazz legend’s birth.
On September 11, 2015, Zampella received an Editor's Pic from CNN for his ireport/photo essay on the 14th anniversary attack on September 11, 2001.
Zampella was born in Pompton Plains, NJ, and resides in New York City .
Richard Zampella began his collaboration with Director John Mulholland as his producing partner in 2006 and has served as Producer for the following John Mulholland Films.
- Inside High Noon: Inside High Noon examines the political and blacklisting controversy — and Cooper's integral role in combating blacklisting — during the filming of the 1952 film classic, High Noon. Frank Langella narrator (among on-camera participants: President Bill Clinton and Albert II, Prince of Monaco).
- Sergeant York: Of God And Country: The documentary examines how the 1941 classic, Sergeant York — and Cooper himself — became embroiled in the isolationist and Congressional turmoil leading up to World War II. Liam Neeson narrator.
Zampella & Mulholland began work in February 2015 on a documentary entitled Elmore Leonard: The Dickens of Detroit  on author Elmore Leonard. The documentary film explores how Leonard started, why he wrote what he did and how he arrived at his lean, terse, minimalist trademark.
ICONS Radio Hour
Zampella served as Producer of a radio podcast show, ICONS Radio Hour, for four years, from 2007 to 2010. He produced interviews with both current Hollywood artists and those with first-hand knowledge of the Classic Hollywood era. Zampella hired author and film historian Meir Z. Ribalow to co-host the podcast with Mulholland.
Richard Zampella is the owner & operator of Idylease_Inn, a former resort hotel located in Newfoundland, which is an architecturally and historically significant example of early 20th century resort architecture in Northwest, New Jersey.
- "Coop and Papa, Manning Up in Good Times and Bad NY Times Critics Pic".
- "IMDb Critic Review Highlights: NY Times".
- "Taking Subway Directions, Literally, From a Song of the City: NY Times".
- "Richard Zampella introduces Duke Ellington Day - Named by Michael Bloomberg in the City of New York".
- "Richard Zampella iReport Receives Editors Pic from CNN".
- "American Society of Cinematographers review, Inside High Noon".
- Birdwell, Michael (2000). Celluloid Soldiers The Warner Bros. Campaign Against Nazism, NYU Press, NYC, NY. ISBN 9780814798713
- "Mariel Hemingway Introduces John Mulholland & Richard Zampella at the Sedona International Film Festival".
- "NY Times Review".
- "True Gen review, James Van Maanen".
- "Photo Gallery: Mulholland/Zampella True Gen On-Camera Participants".
- "Mulholland, Zampella and Patrick Hemingway JFK Library Boston".
- McFarland, Ron (2014). Appropriating Hemingway: Using Him As A Fictional Figure, p 188. McFarland Books, Jefferson, NC. ISBN 978-0-7864-7977-1.
- "John Mulholland & Richard Zampella Filming Elmore Leonard Documentary Interviews in Detroit".
- "Elmore Leonard: The Dickens of Detroit".
- "ICONS Radio Hour". Archived from the original on May 18, 2015.
- Richard Zampella on IMDb
- Sergeant York: Of God And Country
- Library Journal Review, True Gen
- True Gen Official Website
- OCLC World Cat Identity
- Richard Zampella on IMDb
- Richard Zampella Introduces Duke Ellington Day - Named by Michael Bloomberg in the City of New York
- Richard Zampella at Transmultimedia