|Birth name||Richie James Follin|
|Born||May 22, 1983|
Richie James Follin is an American musician, guitarist, keyboard player, singer songwriter who has been in a number of bands.
In 2001, Follin formed and fronted The Willowz, a garage rock band based in Anaheim, California. The band's sound incorporated influences from punk, soul, and blues. He released 4 albums with them, and a fifth is to be released on Thrill Me records in this coming year.[when?]
In 2008 between releasing the third and fourth Willowz albums, Follin released a solo album featuring Taylor Dawes of Dawes. Blake Mills was on lead guitar when the group performed live. Follin also recorded and released an album with a heavy metal stoner psych punk rock group called Barracks which he fronted on lead vocals and guitar. The group was a three piece featuring Brian Oblivian of Cults and Loren Humphrey of The Willowz. The bass player for the recording was Eve Berlin of the Living Things.
In 2010, Richie Follin toured the US and Europe with The Willowz, with their supporting band for the shows being Cults which Follin was also playing guitar in. The singer for Cults is his little sister, Madeline Follin. You can hear Follin's back up vocals on the Cults song "You know what I mean".
In 2014, Follin co-wrote "Cant stop now", and "Scream" for White Arrows album "In Bardo".
In 2016, Follin joined the American rock band CRX formed in Los Angeles in 2016, where he plays guitar, keyboards and is backing vocalist. He co-wrote the band's first single "Ways to Fake It" with Nick Valensi. of The Strokes. The band released their debut album, New Skin, through Columbia Records on October 28, 2016.
Also in 2016, Follin and his sister Madeline Follin from Cults formed a new musical project called Follin, and released a digital single and cassette tape for "Memories" btw "Roxy" through Father Daughter records.
- "Guards biography". Last.FM. Retrieved 1 June 2013.
- "The Dark Romance Of Cults' 'You Know What I Mean'". NPR.org. Retrieved 2017-08-12.
- "Guards: Vintage Pop, But Practically Piercing". NPR.org. Retrieved 2017-08-12.
- Challenges of giving birth in New York - CNN Video, retrieved 2017-08-12
- "CRX – "Ways To Fake It"". Stereogum. 2016-09-07. Retrieved 2017-08-12.
- Strauss, Matthew. "The Strokes' Nick Valensi Announces Debut CRX Album Produced by Josh Homme". Pitchfork. Retrieved September 8, 2016.
- Rettig, James. "Nick Valensi's CRX Detail Debut Album Produced By Josh Homme". Stereogum. Retrieved September 8, 2016.
- "Cults' Madeline Follin and Guards' Richie James Follin Start New Band Follin, Share "Roxy" | Pitchfork". pitchfork.com. Retrieved 2017-08-12.
- "Father/Daughter Records". Father/Daughter Records. Retrieved 2017-08-12.