Ring: The Final Chapter
|Ring: The Final Chapter|
|Country of origin||Japan|
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||12|
|Running time||45 minutes|
|Original network||Fuji TV|
|Original release||January 7, 1999|
Ring: The Final Chapter (リング ～最終章～ Ring ~Saishūshō~) is a television series, produced in Japan, based on the Ring movie series. There are a total of 12 episodes in the series and a sequel was made called Rasen, consisting of 13 episodes.
After the success of the film adaptation of Ring, the television series takes liberties to change the story. For example, at the end of the first episode, Asakawa has arrived at a cabin in Japan's countryside, to find a tape that had previously doomed three other people. On placing the tape into the video player, he is greeted unexpectedly with a music video by pop idol Nao Matsuzaki.
- Toshirô Yanagiba as Kazuyuki Asakawa
- Tomoya Nagase as Ryûji Takayama
- Kotomi Kyono as Akiko Yoshino
- Akiko Yada as Mai Takano
- Tae Kimura as Sadako Yamamura
- Yûta Fukagawa as Yôichi Asakawa
- Hitomi Kuroki as Rieko Miyashita
- "The Seal is Now Solved"
- "Killed by a Videotape"
- "Someone is Watching..."
- "A Virus of Silence"
- "The Dead Person Who Was Reborn"
- "A New Person with Supernatural Power"
- "Sadako Will Appear Tonight"
- "Someone Will Die When the Curse is Solved"
- "Planned Memory"
- "Sadako's Revival"
- "Ryuji Takayama Dies"
- "The Curse Was Not Lifted. The Thirteenth Day, a New Dead Person Destroys the World"