The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's general notability guideline. (January 2019) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
This article may rely excessively on sources too closely associated with the subject, potentially preventing the article from being verifiable and neutral. (January 2019) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Rob Machado, September 2009
Robert Edward Machado
October 16, 1973 (age 45)
|Home town||San Diego, California|
|Height||5 ft 10 in (178 cm)|
|Weight||140 lb (64 kg)|
Machado attended San Dieguito High School. He is considered[by whom?] a "soul surfer," or Freesurfer, largely because he does not compete, or is not considered 'professionally' active in the sport.
Machado hosts and participates in an annual event held at his home reef called the Rob Machado Surf Classic and Beach Fair, which is an amateur competition for the locals of all ages, and it includes demo sessions with Machado and other pros.
Machado portrayed "himself" in the 2007 animated picture, Surf's Up. Machado also starred in his own feature film released in the late 90s titled "Drifting". Additionally, Rob wrote and starred in the 2009 film, The Drifter.
- "Rob Machado". Retrieved 2018-12-15.
- "Rob Machado Foundation". Rob Machado Foundation. Retrieved 2018-12-15.
- Saatsaz, Cyrus. "An Interview with Rob Machado". The Inertia. Retrieved 2018-12-15.
- "The Drifter (2009)". IMDb.com. Retrieved 2015-10-04.
- Carroll, Corky (June 9, 2011). "Walk of Fame inductee list one of the best ever". The Orange County Register.
- Tucker, Kelly. "Rob Machado Foundation Works to Protect the Environment - The Surfers View". thesurfersview.com. Retrieved 2018-12-15.
- Varga, George. "Rob Machado rides waves of change". sandiegouniontribune.com. Retrieved 2018-12-15.
- Arritt, Dan (2003-08-01). "Machado Is Left With Nowhere to Look but Up". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved 2010-09-04.
- Thomas, Pete (2006-07-31). "Machado Rules Pier – and Peers". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved 2010-09-04.