Robert Davidovici (born 1946) is an award-winning Romanian-American violinist. He took First Prize honors in the Naumburg Competition in 1972. In 1983, Davidovici tied for first place to co-win the Carnegie Hall International American Music Competition. The prize was $77,000 and Davidovici received half.
Robert Davidovici was born in the Transylvania region of Romania. He studied the violin under the Soviet violin master David Oistrakh and at the Juilliard School in New York City. In 1967 he was a prize winner in the ABC Symphony Australia Young Performers Awards in Australia.
In February 2007 Davidovici was soloist at Lincoln Center's Avery Fisher Hall in the American premiere of the Kletzki Violin Concerto (1928) with the American Symphony Orchestra conducted by Leon Botstein, following which the New York Times commented on the "excellent " performance.
In October 2013 Mr. Davidovici performed the Beethoven Violin Concerto in London with the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra at Cadogan Hall, under Grzegorz Nowak, after which they recorded their 2nd CD, containing the Beethoven and Mendelssohn Violin Concerti.
In February 2015 Davidovici recorded the Brahms and Tschaikovsky Violin Concerti with the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra , under Grzegorz Nowak, as their 3rd CD collaboration . A few days later, they performed the Mendelssohn Violin Concerto in Cadogan Hall London concert series.
- Page, Tim (April 5, 1986). "MUSIC: VIOLIN, DAVIDOVICI". The New York Times.
- "The Walter W. Naumburg Foundation, Inc. Previous Winners Competition Winners 1972". The Walter W. Naumburg Foundation, Inc. Retrieved 4 June 2015.
- Dyer, Richard (September 27, 1983). "SMIRNOFF RUNNER-UP IN VIOLIN CONTEST". Boston Globe.
- "Robert Davidovici". University of Melbourne Faculty of the VCA and Music. Retrieved April 15, 2011.
- Erikson, Matthew (October 14, 2007). "Soviet's Works Upstage Brahms and Beethoven". Fort Worth Star-Telegram.
- Ward, Charles (September 20, 1987). "Sessions: Symphonies Nos. 4, 5 Christian Badea, conductor New World Records". Houston Chronicle.
- Roos, James (November 15, 1997). "SOLID DEBUT FOR DAVIDOVICI AT FIU'S WERTHEIM CENTER". Retrieved April 18, 2011.
- "Chamber Music Society makes the most of Mozart". Fort Worth Star-Telegram. January 2, 1996.
- SCHWEITZER, VIVIEN (February 12, 2007). Review "Scratch a Conductor, Find a Composer" Check
|url=value (help). New York Times. Retrieved 4 June 2015.
- "Royal Philharmonic Orchestra Part of Royal Philharmonic Orchestra 2013/14 Resident Season". Royal Philharmonic Orchestra. October 8, 2013.
- "Royal Philharmonic Orchestra Part of Royal Philharmonic Orchestra 2014/15 Resident Season". Royal Philharmonic Orchestra. February 13, 2015.
- Interview with Dr. Elena Ursu on Rompost TV
- Interview with Cecilia Burcescu on Rompost TV
- Violin Master Class: Robert Davidovici on Bartok's Concerto for Orchestra
- Robert Davidovici Website
|This article on a violinist or fiddler is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|