Robert Henson (American football)
|Date of birth:||January 27, 1986|
|Place of birth:||Longview, Texas|
|Height:||6 ft 0 in (1.83 m)|
|Weight:||242 lb (110 kg)|
|High school:||Longview (TX)|
|NFL Draft:||2009 / Round: 6 / Pick: 186|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics|
Henson began his college career at Texas Christian University as a redshirt freshman in 2005, when he started two games and played in all twelve as a redshirt freshman for the MWC Champion Horned Frogs. In his freshman, sophomore and junior seasons, Henson was at least third on the team in tackles, was named Honorable Mention All-MWC, and the Frogs won their bowl game. In his senior year, he was named 1st Team All-MWC  and recorded 73 tackles, one sack and two interceptions.
On September 21, 2009, following an "unsightly" 9-7 home victory, Henson posted some disparaging remarks via his Twitter account about fans who had booed and jeered the Redskins' performance. After much criticism from the media and fans, Henson apologized and has since deactivated his account. He was placed on injured reserve on September 4, 2010.
On August 5, 2011, he waived by the Redskins.
- "Frogs Place 18 On All-MWC Football Team". Dec 3, 2008. Retrieved 22 September 2009.
- "Redskins Sign Henson, Mitchell to Rookie Deals". June 12, 2009. Retrieved 22 September 2009.
- Steinberg, Dan (22 September 2009). "A Redskin Feels the Heat From a Tweet". The Washington Post. Retrieved 23 September 2009.
- "Henson takes down Twitter account". 22 September 2009. Retrieved 23 September 2009.
- Redskins' Roster at 53 after Parker, 20 others released, Redskins.com