Robert Livingston (actor)
|Born||Robert Edward Randall
December 9, 1904
Quincy, Illinois, U.S.
|Died||March 7, 1988
Tarzana, California, U.S.
|Cause of death||Emphysema|
|Resting place||Forest Lawn Memorial Park Cemetery|
|Spouse(s)||Margaret M. Roach
|Children||Addison Randall, born onAugust 13, 1949|
Robert Edward Randall (December 9, 1904 – March 7, 1988) was an American film actor known under his stage name as Bob Livingston. He appeared in 135 films between 1921 and 1975.
On December 18, 1947, he married Margaret M. Roach, daughter of famous director/producer Hal Roach. They had one son, actor/writer Addison Randall born on August 13, 1949. He was named after Livingston's younger brother, Addison Randall, who had died at the relatively young age of 39 while shooting the film The Royal Mounted Rides Again in 1945. Livingston and Margaret Roach later divorced in 1951.
Often billed as "Bob Livingston," he was the original "Stony Brooke" in the "Three Mesquiteers" Western B-movie series, a role later played by John Wayne for eight films. He also portrayed the Lone Ranger in the 1939 film serial The Lone Ranger Rides Again directed by William Witney and co-starring Chief Thundercloud as Tonto.
Livingston was born in Quincy, Illinois, and died in Tarzana, California, from emphysema. He was buried in Glendale's Forest Lawn Memorial Park Cemetery, in the Garden of Memory near his younger brother, Addison "Jack" Randall.
- Brown of Harvard (1926)
- Special Delivery (1927)
- Man, Woman and Sin (1927)
- Sunny Skies (1930)
- Borrowed Wives (1930)
- Hot Curves (1930)
- Strangers May Kiss (1931)
- The Vigilantes Are Coming (1936)
- The Three Mesquiteers (1936)
- The Bold Caballero (1936) – Don Diego Vega/Zorro
- Riders of the Whistling Skull (1937)
- Larceny on the Air (1937)
- Hit the Saddle (1937)
- The Lone Ranger Rides Again (1939) – title role
- Heart of the Rockies (1937)
- Under Texas Skies (1940)
- Storm Over Lisbon (1944)
- Lake Placid Serenade (1944)
- Don't Fence Me In (1945)
- Dakota (1945)
- The Feathered Serpent (1948)
- Girls for Rent (1974)
- The Naughty Stewardesses (1975)
- Blazing Stewardesses (1975)
- Robert Livingston at Find a Grave
- "Addison Owen "Jack" Randall (1906 - 1945) - Find A Grave Memorial". www.findagrave.com. Retrieved 2016-06-19.
|This article about a United States film actor or actress born in the 1900s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|