Robert Roberts (author)
||This article includes a list of references, related reading or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. (August 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Robert Roberts (1905–1974) was an English teacher and writer.
Roberts was born in the slums of Salford. For many years, his parents ran the corner shop, selling everyday necessities to the often very poor customers. His books The Classic Slum and A Ragged Schooling reflect his experiences there. The books have been hailed as classics of working class autobiography.
- The Classic Slum (1971) ISBN 0-14-013624-X
- A Ragged Schooling (1976) ISBN 0-7190-0652-X
- Imprisoned Tongues (1968 ISBN 0-7190-0351-2
- The Classic Slum, review by Julie Lorenzen
- The Classic Slum, analysis and summary by Nicole Smith
- A Ragged Schooling at google books.
- The Classic Slum, article on the World History Blog
|This article about an English non-fiction writer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|