Rochelle Township High School
|Rochelle Township High School|
|1401 Flagg Road
Rochelle, Illinois 61068
|School district||Rochelle Township High School District 212|
|Color(s)||Purple and white|
|Athletics conference||Northern Illinois Big 12 Conference|
Rochelle Township High School, commonly referred to as RTHS, is a secondary school located in Rochelle, Illinois. RTHS is the only school operated by Rochelle Township High School District 212. The district includes portions of Ogle, Lee, and DeKalb counties. Approximately one-half of the students come from Rochelle Community Consolidated District 231, which includes the middle school and elementary schools from Rochelle proper. The remaining student population comes from a variety of other elementary school districts in the area.
RTHS was originally built in 1918, with nearly a dozen additions built on over the next 80 years, the entire edifice was replaced in 2006 with a new building, located about a mile north of the old one.
The demographic breakdown of the 890 students enrolled in 2012-2013 was:
- Male - 51.8%
- Female - 48.2%
- Native American/Alaskan - 0.2%
- Asian/Pacific islanders - 0.6%
- Black - 3.0%
- Hispanic - 28.8%
- White - 63.8%
- Multiracial - 3.6%
31.0% of the students were eligible for free or reduced lunch.
Historically, the Rochelle Hubs competed in the North Central Illinois Conference, and the Western Sun Conference. Since 2011, they have been a member of the Northern Illinois Big 12 Conference. The school colors are purple and white.
- Baseball (boys)
- Basketball (boys & girls)
- Bowling (boys & girls)
- Competitive cheer (girls)
- Competitive dance (girls)
- Cross country (boys & girls)
- Football (boys)
- Golf (boys & girls)
- Soccer (boys & girls)
- Softball (girls)
- Tennis (boys & girls)
- Track and field (boys & girls)
- Volleyball (girls)
- Wrestling (boys)
Other sanctioned interscholastic competitors
Besides athletics, RTHS competes in IHSA events in the following:
- Bass fishing
- Scholastic bowl
- Vocal music
- "Search for Public Schools - School Detail for Rochelle Twp High School". ed.gov. Retrieved 9 September 2015.
- "School Directory". ihsa.org. Retrieved 9 September 2015.
- Georgette Braun. "Rochelle grad Joan Allen gets Golden Globe, SAG nominations". Rockford Register Star. Retrieved 9 September 2015.