Rocky Mountain (Georgia)
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- This refers to individual mountains named Rocky Mountain in Georgia. For other individual mountains named Rocky Mountain, see Rocky Mountain. For peaks or mountains named Rocky Knob, see Rocky Knob (disambiguation). For the mountain range in western North America, see Rocky Mountains.
- Rocky Mountain, elevation 3,080, is located west of Gaddistown, Georgia, less than two miles (3 km) west of the boundary between Fannin and Union counties.
- A mountain called Rocky Mountain with an elevation of 3,560 feet (1,090 m) is located south of Blood Mountain. DeSoto Falls, one of the most popular waterfalls in Georgia, is on the southern flank of the mountain. Rocky Mountain is located within the boundaries of the Chattahoochee National Forest.
- Rocky Mountain near Tallulah Falls, Georgia has an elevation of 2,351 feet (717 m), making it the smallest mountain in Georgia with the name "Rocky Mountain."  Bad Creek and Worse Creek, two tributaries of the Chatooga River have their headwaters on the eastern side of Rocky Mountain. The stream that feeds Cascade Falls begins in the southern side of Rocky Mountain.
- Rocky Mountain, elevation 4,017 feet (1,224 m), is located on the Appalachian Trail along the boundary between Towns and White counties. Via the Appalachian Trail, its summit of Rocky Mountain is located about 51.5 miles (82.9 km) from Springer Mountain, the southern terminus of the Appalachian Trail.
- 4,191-foot (1,277 m) Rocky Mountain is located south of Brasstown Bald, Georgia's tallest peak. It is within the boundaries of the Brasstown Wilderness. A peak called Rocky Knob, elevation 3,740 feet (1,140 m), is found directly south of the mountain's peak, on a spur or ridge of the mountain that is oriented north-south.
- Rocky Mountain, elevation 3,120 feet (950 m), is located about 1 1⁄2 miles northwest of Baxter, Georgia, less than 1/2 mile east of the Union/Fannin county line.
- TopoQuest Map of the Rocky Mountain in Fannin County
- TopoQuest Map of the Rocky Mountain in Gilmer County
- TopoQuest Map of the Rocky Mountain near Blood Mountain
- TopoQuest Map of the Rocky Mountain near Tallulah Falls
- TopoQuest Map of the Rocky Mountain on the Appalachian Trail
- TopoQuest Map of the Rocky Mountain near Brasstown Bald
- TopoQuest Map of the Rocky Mountain near Suches
- TopoQuest Map of the Rocky Mountain near Baxter
- TopoQuest Map of the Rocky Mountain near Helen