Roger Wilkins (public servant)
Wilkins in London, 2011
|Secretary of the Attorney-General's Department|
1 September 2008 – 31 August 2014
Roger Bruce Wilkins
|Alma mater||University of Sydney|
Life and career
Roger Wilkins was born in the early 1950s.
Between 1992 and 2006, Wilkins was Director-General of the New South Wales Cabinet Office. In that role, he led reform in administration, law and corporatization, as well as microeconomic reform. Between 2001 and 2006, he was also simultaneously Director-General of the New South Wales Ministry of the Arts.
Between 2006 and 2008, Wilkins was head of Australia and New Zealand government relations for the global financial services company Citigroup, leading the organisation's climate change program in the role.
In 2008, Wilkins was appointed Secretary of the Attorney-General's Department.
Wilkins was made an Officer of the Order of Australia in June 2007 for service to public administration in New South Wales, particularly as a contributor to a range of new policy initiatives, and to arts administration.
- Thomson, Phillip (1 September 2014). "Retired public servant Roger Wilkins urges colleagues to loosen up". The Sydney Morning Herald. Fairfax Media. Archived from the original on 3 September 2014.
- Rudd, Kevin (31 July 2008). "Appointment of Departmental Secretary" (Press release). Archived from the original on 10 November 2013.
- Biographical details - Roger Wilkins AO, Attorney-General's Department, archived from the original on 12 February 2014
- Bajkowski, Julian (15 August 2014). "Federal Attorney General's Department head to leave". Government News. The Intermedia Group. Archived from the original on 31 January 2015.
- Salusinszky, Imre (8 August 2008). "A-G's new mandarin Roger Wilkins a safe pair of hands". The Australian. News Ltd.
- Roger Wilkins, Australian Broadcasting Corporation, 24 May 2009, archived from the original on 31 January 2015
- Donaldson, David (18 August 2014). "Wilkins out at A-G's, sixth secretary gone under Abbott". Archived from the original on 31 January 2015.
- Keenan, Michael (8 July 2014). "Australia takes over Financial Action Task Force presidency" (Press release). Australian Government. Archived from the original on 31 January 2015.
- Thomson, Phillip (15 August 2014). "Attorney-General's Department boss Roger Wilkins to depart". The Sydney Morning Herald. Fairfax Media. Archived from the original on 17 August 2014.
- Interview with Roger Wilkins, President of the Financial Action Task Force (FATF):"We need to focus on concrete things that we can achieve together", Counter-Terrorism Committee, 18 December 2014, archived from the original on 31 January 2015
- "Search Australian Honours: WILKINS, Roger Bruce", itsanhonour.gov.au, Australian Government, archived from the original on 3 September 2014
| Secretary of the Attorney-General's Department
2008 – 2014
|This Australian government biography is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|