|Private, parent company Tecnica Group|
|Founded||Minnesota, incorporated 1982 as Ole's Innovative Sports|
|Headquarters||West Lebanon, New Hampshire|
|Revenue||US$ Estimated $20 million (2008)|
Number of employees
The company was started by Scott Olson (b. 1960) and Brennan Olson (b. 1964) in Minneapolis as Ole's Innovative Sports; when they sold the company, it became Rollerblade, Inc. and has changed hands over time between Nordica, Benetton Group and Tecnica.
Even though the long established Roces company was the first to manufacture in-line skates in 1981, their distribution was limited to Italy and Central Europe for the first few years, allowing Rollerblade to capitalize and grab a huge percentage of the world market share and almost total dominance of the North American market with their aggressive advertising campaigns and sponsored in-line-only sporting events. For the first few years after Rollerblade was formed they were the only manufacturer of in-line skates that had worldwide distribution. The company manufactures different types of skates, such as those for aggressive skating, fitness, or urban use with removable "walkable" liners.
- "Rollerblade brand skates over to Tecnica - Hardlines - Brief Article". DSN Retailing Today. 2003.
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (Filed July 15, 1984). "Trademark Applications and Registrations Retrieval". Retrieved 2007-02-25. Check date values in:
- "Rollerblade: Good things come to those who skate". Philadelphia Inquirer. 18 July 2005. p. C11. Retrieved 24 January 2012.
- Lemelson-MIT (August 1997). "Inventor of the Week Archive:Jake golden & Scott & Brennan Olson (spelling corrected per rowbike.com)". MIT School of Engineering. Retrieved 2007-02-25.
- Skate Log (February 5, 2003). "Benetton Confirms Selling Rollerblade". Retrieved 2007-02-25. and DSN Retailing Today via Find Articles (March 24, 2003). "Rollerblade brand skates over to Tecnica". DSN Retailing Today. Retrieved 2007-02-25.
- "Skates". Rollerblade. Tecnica Group S.p.A. Retrieved 26 September 2014.