Roman Catholic Diocese of São Raimundo Nonato
|Diocese of São Raimundo Nonato|
|Area||39,316 km2 (15,180 sq mi)|
(as of 2014)|
|Established||17 December 1960 (57 years ago)|
|Cathedral||Catedral São Ramundo|
|Emeritus Bishops||Cândido Lorenzo González, O. de M.|
The Roman Catholic Diocese of São Raimundo Nonato (Latin: Dioecesis Raymundianus) is a Latin suffragan diocese in the Ecclesiastical province of the metropolitan Teresina, in northeastern Brazil's Piauí state.
In 2010, the diocese had an area of 39,316 square kilometres; a total population of 193,000; a Catholic population of 174,000; 23 priests; and 42 religious.
- Established on 17 December 1960 as Territorial Prelature of São Raimundo Nonato, on territory split off from the Territorial Prelature of Bom Jesus do Piauí
- Promoted on 3 October 1981 as Diocese of São Raimundo Nonato.
- Territorial (Bishop-)Prelates of São Raimundo Nonato
- Amadeu González Ferreiros, Mercederians (O. de M.) (1961.12.23 – retired 1967.12.28), Titular Bishop of Metræ (1963.02.18 – death 1995.03.20)
- Cândido Lorenzo González, O. de M. (1969.12.05 – 1981.10.03 see below, promoted as first bishop), Titular Bishop of Skradin (1969.12.05 – 1978.05.26)
- Bishops of São Raimundo Nonato
- Cândido Lorenzo González, O. de M. (see above 1981.10.03 – retired 2002.07.17)
- Pedro Brito Guimarães (2002.07.17 – 2010.10.20), later Metropolitan Archbishop of Palmas (Brazil) (2010.10.20 – ...)
- João Santos Cardoso (2011.12.14 - 2015.06.24), later Bishop of Bom Jesus da Lapa (Brazil) (2015.06.24 – ...)
- Eduardo Zielski (March 2, 2016 – Present)
|This article on a Roman Catholic diocese in Brazil is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|