Ronco di Maglio
|Ronco di Maglio|
The mountain as viewed from South
|Elevation||1,105 m (3,625 ft) |
|Parent range||Ligurian Alps|
The mountain is located near the centre of the Provincia di Savona, between the comuni (municipalities) of Osiglia and Bormida, and is one of the highest of the Ligurian Prealps. It stands on the ridge dividing two valleys belonging to the Bormida watershed, Osiglia valley (west) and Pallare valley. Going South a saddle at 858 metes divides it from Bric della Croce (911 m), while northwards the ridge lowers and ends up between Plodio and Millesimo. Near the summit can be seen a few pine trees remaining from a thick coniferous wood which used to grow in there.
Access to the summit
Ronco di Maglio can be ascended by various waymarked foothpats; among them can be reminded the one starting from Colla Baltera (794 m) which, passing through Bric della Croce, reaches the summit from South. The mountain is also accessible by mountain bike. The mountain top is wooded and almost flat; on its highest point stands a cairn with a summit register.
- Limiti Amministrativi (Comunali, Provinciali, Regionali) sc. 1:25000 - ed. 2011; Regione Liguria, on-line version: geoportale.regione.liguria.it
- Key col: Colla Baltera, 794 m
- Liguria, pagine 365; AA.VV., ed. Touring Club Italiano, anno 1982
- Traversata del monte Ronco di Maglio, web-page on www.liguriabike.it (access: March 2017)
- Bollettino Ufficiale Regione Liguria nr.13 of 15-7-2009; the Ligurian SIC list is on-line at lrv.regione.liguria.it (access: July 2015)
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Ronco di Maglio.|
|This Liguria location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|