|Service/||Israel Defense Forces|
|Years of service||1983-|
|Rank||Aluf (Major general)|
|Commands held||Duvdevan Unit, Shaldag Unit, 202 "Tsefa" (Viper) paratroop battalion, Benjamin Regional Brigade, Nahal Brigade, 98th Paratroopers Division, , the IDF's Central Command|
Numa was drafted into the IDF in 1983. He volunteered as a paratrooper in the Paratroopers Brigade, and in 1985 became an infantry officer after completing Officer Candidate School . Numa served as a platoon leader at the 890 paratroop battalion and fought in South Lebanon. later on he commanded Duvdevan Unit and Shaldag Unit. Numa Commanded 202 "Tsefa" (Viper) paratroop battalion during Operation Defensive Shield, and later on commanded the Benjamin Regional Brigade during the Second Intifada. Afterwards he commanded the Nahal Brigade. In the 2006 Lebanon War he served as an assistant to Gen. Dan Halutz. Later on he commanded the 98th Paratroopers Division, In 2015 he was appointed as the commander of the IDF's Central Command. His article called "To Win and Remain Human: Challenges of the Central Command during 2015-2016 Wave of Terror" was published in Dado Center Journal (The IDF Journal on Operational Art).
Airport COVID commissioner
In June 2021, Numa was appointed by Prime Minister Naftali Bennett to the new position of Ben Gurion Airport's COVID commissioner. On August 30, Numa threatened to resign due to his "decisions and recommendations not being adopted in practice" by the government.
- "Web intel co Cobwebs recruits Ronny Numa". Globes. 2020-07-05. Retrieved 2022-09-20.
- Roni Numa, Bow our heads and remember, Israel Hayom, May 10, 2016.[dead link]
- Ben Caspit, Why IDF is urging Israeli government to keep calm, strengthen Palestinian Authority, Al-Monitor, November 30, 2015.
- Ofer Shelah, The people's army?, Ynetnews, August 27, 2005.
- Numa, Roni (March 2018). "To Win and Remain Human: Challenges of the Central Command during 2015-2016 Wave of Terror". The Dado Center Journal. 15.[dead link]
- "IDF Maj.-Gen. Roni Numa appointed as airport COVID commissioner." The Jerusalem Post, June 27, 2021.
- "Airport COVID Commissioner: 'I have no reason to remain in the role'" (Hebrew). Kikar HaShabbat, August 30, 2021.