|Rory Alec Stephen|
Rory Alec Stephen, better known as Rory Alec, is a South African Christian broadcaster and media executive. He co-founded the GOD TV network in 1995, and was Chief Executive Officer from 1994 to 2014. Alec is now pursuing other projects in film, television, staging and music through a new company called The Internationals.
Born in Rustenburg in 1968, Alec grew up in South Africa and was an avid musician as a child, playing the drums and piano. After leaving school, he spent two years in the South African military and moved to Johannesburg where he started working in the advertising industry.
Alec married Wendy Alec in 1987, and separated in 2014, established the TV commercial production house Alec-Gene Productions. In 1991 they moved to the UK where they launched Europe's first daily faith-based TV network in 1995. The couple divorced in 2015.
Alec’s grew GOD TV into a global television network with markets in locations such as Hong Kong, opening new transmitters in Africa; visiting GOD TV's regional offices (Chennai, India) and filming reports of how Christianity is affecting specific communities, from South America (Bogota, Colombia) to the Middle East (Baghdad, Iraq) 
During his travels Alec met with heads of state, such as Sri Lankan President, Mahinda Rajapaksa during a trip to Colombo in 2013.  Alec has led several mass tours to Israel, with 1,800 pilgrims in 2008. 
According to Christian Broadcasting Network (CBN), Alec's vision for GOD TV was "for every household in the world to receive the Gospel of Jesus Christ through media."
Alec resigned from GOD TV on 2 October 2014. "After 20 years of service, I have had a moral failure this year. For this reason, I am stepping down," he said. "Please forgive me for the disappointment I’ve caused. It is with a heavy heart that I confirm my season with GOD TV is over for now.” 
During his time at GOD TV Alec supported many community development projects, particularly in his home continent of Africa, including a children's feeding programme in his home town of Rustenburg. He led mission trips to Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda, Malawi and South Africa, delivering aid to areas that face extreme poverty.
In July 2010, Alec visited East Africa with Pat Boone to open a community development center in Tanzania after the American singer, actor and writer partnered with GOD TV to provide foundational funding for the facility, which provides a Maasai community with much needed health services and clean water.
An orphanage Alec supports is Kondanani Children’s Village in Malawi, founded by Annie Chikhwaza which has named its Paediatric Clinic after him. He was also involved with the Jewish National Fund / Land of Promise Foundation with the aim of planting one million trees in Israel as part of the revitalization of the Negev desert.
- "GOD TV debuts in China". Christianity Today. 20 October 2008.
- "Rory Alec steps back on South African soil today. It is his mission to bring Africa closer to God, one transmitter at a time. Alec is visiting Africa on a 12-day, six-country trip to officially launch his channel's third satellite in Kenya.", Association of Evangelicals in Africa.
- - "GOD TV Focuses on the Middle East." - "GOD TV regularly supports these Iraqi believers who are making a bold stand for Christ, and Rory Alec led a GOD TV team to Iraq in May to bring viewers an update on how they are making a difference in people's lives in this war-torn country.", June 7, 2011 .
- - "“We count it a privilege to serve the people of Sri Lanka by inspiring viewers through our 24 hour schedule,” said Mr. Alec. “We are also pleased to support the churches in the nation as Christians from different denominations.", The Sunday Times, Sri Lanka, People and events, Sunday, March 03, 2013.
- Gold, Jenifer Christian Today Reporter. - "GOD TV to Gather Thousands in Israel for Anniversary Tour, Prayer." - "The re-gathering of the Jewish people to their Promised Land and the establishment of the modern State of Israel in 1948 were a major fulfillment of Bible prophecy,” GOD TV chief executive Rory Alec said. “This shows how faithful God is to keep His promises to us as believers today, as well as to His ancient people. Now 60 years on, we are privileged to be able to celebrate this monumental milestone with the Jewish people.", Christian Post', 5 November 2007.
- 'The 700 Club', CBN
- "GOD TV, has prepared an extensive line up of holiday programming. On Christmas Day viewers can watch a Behind the Screens Christmas and New Year Special with GOD TV founders, Rory & Wendy Alec."
- - "GOD TV founders, Rory & Wendy Alec who interview global economist, Dr Larry Bates on their series, Apocalypse and the End-Times."
- LeClaire, Jennifer. - "Citing Moral Failure, GOD TV Co-Founder Rory Alec Resigns.", Charisma (magazine), 2 October 2014.
- "Generations Project - Rory Alec".
- 'GOD TV & Pat Boone Work Together to Aid Africa', Faith News.
- "Kondanani Children's Village".
- "GOD TV Set for a Mammoth Missions Week - Standard Newswire".