Ross McCall (born 13 January 1976) is a Scottish actor best known for his role as T-5 Joseph Liebgott in the 2001 HBO miniseries Band of Brothers, and as Matthew Keller in the hit series White Collar.
McCall was born in Port Glasgow but was raised largely in England. His older brother, Stuart, is a policeman in Sussex. His mother, Maggie, was a nurse. His first notable screen role was at the age of 13 when he appeared as Freddie Mercury in the 1989 music video for the Queen song "The Miracle". In 1993, he was featured in BBC children's TV series The Return of the Borrowers.
In 2005 Ross co-starred in the independent drama film Green Street. He played Kenny Battaglia in the television series, Crash, on the Starz network. He reprised his role as Dave in the 2009 straight-to-video sequel Green Street 2: Stand Your Ground.
In 2008, he co-starred in an After Dark Horrorfest film, Autopsy. On 23 February 2010, he appeared as a guest star on White Collar on the episode "Bottlenecked" as Matthew Keller, an old rival of Neal. He reprised the role in Episode 14 of White Collar Season 2, Episodes 9-11 of Season 3 and episodes 2-6 of season 6. On 1 June 2010, he appeared as a guest star on Luther. Serving Up Richard, shot at the Sunset Gower studios in LA, was released in 2011. He also had a recurring role as Ron Clark on 24: Live Another Day.
In June 2016, McCall released a short documentary detailing his trip to the Faroe Islands, and his support of Sea Shepherd's campaign "Operation Sleppið Grindini". In the documentary, he interviews several locals about their views on the controversial traditional pilot whale drive hunt known as the "Grindadrap". He also interviews several Sea Shepherd volunteers stationed in the Islands monitoring the activities of the hunters.
McCall was engaged to American actress Jennifer Love Hewitt, with whom he guest starred in an episode of Ghost Whisperer. On 5 January 2009, People magazine reported that Hewitt had called off their engagement in late 2008.
- Marks, Lisa (13 June 2009). "Ross McCall interview: Crash course". The Scotsman. Retrieved 26 June 2010.
"I was raised a Catholic and I go to a Catholic church here in Hollywood", ...
- Ross McCall on IMDb
- The Grind of the Faroe Islands - YouTube
- McIver, Brian (3 September 2014). "Scots actor Ross McCall - who put 24's Jack Bauer in Celtic strip - is up for star-studded charity game". Daily Record. Trinity Mirror. Retrieved 27 April 2017.
- Eastham, Tod (29 November 2007). "Jennifer Love Hewitt engaged to be married". Reuters.com. Thomson Reuters. Retrieved 21 August 2008.
- "Jennifer Love Hewitt and Fiance Split", People.com, 5 January 2009.