|This article is an orphan, as no other articles link to it. Please introduce links to this page from ; try the Find link tool for suggestions. (January 2016)|
|Initial release||August 2013|
|Operating system||Android, BlackBerry OS, iOS, Windows Phone|
|Available in||English, German, Polish|
Rublon is a two-factor authentication system that acts as an additional security layer which protects the password-based login process to web applications. A protected account can only be accessed by someone who enters the correct password and scans a QR code using the Rublon mobile app, which holds the digital identity of the account's owner. In web browsers that have been previously defined as trusted, only the password is needed in order to sign into a protected account of any supported web application.
Accounts can be protected by installing the Rublon mobile app, which is available for smartphones with Android, BlackBerry OS, iOS and Windows Phone. The app is also used to define trusted browsers that make it possible to sign in using a password only. The app can be activated by providing an email address, which results in the creation of the user's digital identity using asymmetric cryptographic RSA keys.
Supported web applications
Rublon protects the accounts of web applications that are integrated with its system. There are plugins for Magento, PrestaShop and WordPress, allowing administrators of websites based on these platforms to integrate them without programming. Web application developers may use the Java and PHP SDKs to integrate Rublon with their services.
- Jeff Kutler (June 26, 2013). "Getting Past Passwords and a Secure Future". Institutional Investor.
- Michael Archambault (September 13, 2013). "Say hello to Rublon; a new way to stay secure with your Windows Phone". Windows Phone Central.
- Jean Galea (October 17, 2013). "Rublon Review". WPMayor.
- Robert Abela (December 3, 2013). "Secure WordPress Login with Rublon Two-Factor Authentication". WP White Security.
- Berislav Kucan (February 28, 2014). "Two-factor authentication for WordPress using Rublon". Help Net Security.