|Born||26 October 2000|
In September 2013, it was announced that O'Donnell had been cast in Hollyoaks as Peri Lomax, the youngest child of the Lomax family  and would be joined by father Danny Lomax (Stephen Billington), mother Sam Lomax (Lizzie Roper) and sisters Leela Lomax (Kirsty-Leigh Porter) and Tegan Lomax (Jessica Ellis). Of the family's arrival, executive producer Bryan Kirkwood commented: "I was conscious of the fact that Ste was languishing on his own with no family around him. I'm eager to bring in a strong female force." He also commented "the sisters will certainly be causing a lot of mischief in the village. So look out Hollyoaks! The Lomaxes are coming..." O'Donnell's character, Peri made her first appearance on the episode broadcast on 4 October 2013.
On 23 November 2014, it was announced that O'Donnell's character Peri, would be involved in a teen pregnancy storyline alongside with character Tom Cunningham (Ellis Hollins). The storyline was devised as an effort to promote safe sex. On the storyline O'Donnell said "Some of the scenes have been hard to tackle because I am still quite young and I’ve had to do a lot of research for them. I am younger than Peri, as she is just turning 15 and I’m only 14 myself. So I’ve done the research to help with my performances and to find out how teenagers actually do react in these situations." She also said, "When I was first told about the story, I was nervous and didn’t know what to expect, but then I had a lot of meetings about it with the show’s executive producer Bryan Kirkwood, the storyliners and the other producers. They explained it to me and made me feel a lot more comfortable about it. Now I’ve got into it, I’m very excited about the storyline and I’m really enjoying doing it."
For her role as Peri, O'Donnell has been nominated twice in the Inside Soap Awards in 2014  and 2015  . In August 2017, O'Donnell was long-listed for Best Young Actor at the Inside Soap Awards however she did not progress to the short-list. O'Donnell has also been nominated for Best-On Screen partnership with Ellis Hollins, and was also nominated for Best Young Performance in 2015 and Best Young Actress at British Soap Awards 2016. 
Awards and Nominations
|2014||Inside Soap Awards||Best Young Actor||Peri Lomax in Hollyoaks||Nominated|
|2015||Inside Soap Awards||Best Young Actor||Nominated|
|British Soap Awards||Best Young Performance||Nominated|
|British Soap Awards||Best Partnership||Peri Lomax and Tom Cunningham in Hollyoaks||Nominated|
|2016||British Soap Awards||Best Young Actress||Peri Lomax in Hollyoaks||Won|
|2017||Inside Soap Awards||Best Young Actress||Nominated|
|2018||Inside Soap Awards||Best Young Actress||Nominated|
- "Appleton youngster makes Hollyoaks debut". Warrington Guardian. Newsquest. 4 October 2013. Retrieved 24 October 2013.
- "'Hollyoaks': Ste's sisters revealed". 17 September 2013.
- "Hollyoaks - Articles - New Family to Join Hollyoaks - All 4". www.channel4.com.
- "Hollyoaks to air baby storyline for Peri and Tom". Digital Spy. Retrieved 7 September 2015.
- "Hollyoaks actress Ruby O'Donnell daunted by pregnancy storyline". The Northern Echo. Retrieved 7 September 2015.
- "More awards upset? Hollyoaks bags most Inside Soap Awards nominations". Daily Star. Retrieved 22 November 2015.
- "Revealed the shortlist for the Inside Soap Awards 2015". Inside Soap. Retrieved 22 November 2015.
- Harp, Justin (22 August 2017). "Coronation Street, EastEnders, Emmerdale and Hollyoaks all make the Inside Soap Awards longlist". Digital Spy. Hearst Magazines UK. Retrieved 22 August 2017.
- Kilkelly, Daniel (31 October 2017). "Inside Soap Awards 2017 shortlist revealed – which Corrie, EastEnders, Emmerdale and Hollyoaks stars are up for prizes?". Digital Spy. Hearst Magazines UK. Retrieved 4 November 2017.
- "British Soap Awards 2015: Full list of nominations, where to watch and everything else you need to know". Evening Standard. Retrieved 22 November 2015.
|This article about an English actor or actress is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|