|Born||December 14, 1957|
Langevåg, Møre og Romsdal
|Genres||Jazz, classical music|
|Occupation(s)||Musician, orchestra conductor|
|Associated acts||The Brazz Brothers|
Runar Tafjord (born December 14, 1957 in Langevåg, Norway) is a Norwegian French horn player, brother of the tubaist Stein Erik Tafjord, and uncle of the French horn player Hild Sofie Tafjord. He is best known for being part of The Brazz Brothers.
Tafjord is a graduate of the Norwegian Academy of Music in Oslo. He has for many years played in various Scandinavian orchestras, including Oslo Filharmoniske Orkester, Den Norske Operas Orkester, Bergen Filharmoniske Orkester and 'Gothenburg Philharmonic Orchestra'. He is also a widely used solo artist and studio musician and is one of only five chosen Scandinavian horn players who play jazz. In addition, he is a highly sought after orchestra conductor and instructor for brass ensembles. In 2011 he received the "Statens arbeidsstipend" from the Norwegian government.
- Within The Brazz Brothers
- 1987: Brazzy Landscapes (Odin Records), with Phil Minton & Egil "Bop" Johansen
- 1993: Norwegian Air (Norsk Plateproduksjon)
- 1994: All Included (Norsk Plateproduksjon)
- 1996: Brazzy Voices (In+Out Records)
- 1999: Ngoma (Brazz Records)
- 2012: Aquarium (Brazz Records)
- With Jan Eggum
- 1992: Nesten Ikke Tilstede (Grappa Music)
- With Mikhail Alperin
- 2000: Portrait (Jaro Medien)
- 2010: For Fuld Udblæsning (CVP Broadcast)
- "Runar Tafjord Discography". Discogs.com. Retrieved October 23, 2013.
- "Stipendiatene: Statens arbeidsstipend er delt ut. Her er mottakernes egne planer for hvordan de vil bruke pengene" (in Norwegian). Norsk Musikkinformasjon. April 28, 2011. Retrieved October 23, 2013.
- Runar Tafjord, French Horn at Brazzbrothers.com (in Norwegian)