|Public limited company|
|Founded||June 4, 2000|
|Founder||Hafizur Rahman Khan|
|Mukesh Sharma (CEO & MD)|
|Total assets||12,497,698,923 Taka (2016)|
|Parent||Runner Group of Companies|
|Rating||Rating- A3 by Credit Rating Agency of Bangladesh Ltd|
Runner Automobiles Ltd. (RAL) is a motorcycle manufacturer in Bangladesh. Runner manufactures 12 different motorcycles ranging in size from 80 to 150 CC, Runner has become the market leader in sub 100 CC motorcycle segment in the country. They are offering different motorcycles of various capacities and models. The principal product of the Company is 2 Wheeler. Runner produces a product range varying from 80 CC to 150 CC, with 12 models of 2 Wheeler and scooters. The products are sold to Customers and Corporate clients through Dealers, Company Owned Company Operated (COCO) stores, through tenders and recently initiated online retail mode.
The market for 2 Wheeler is on the rise in Bangladesh, riding on an increase in disposable income among the general population and rapidly growing middle class.
Runner Automobiles Ltd was incorporated as a private limited company in July 2000 and started its commercial operation since 2000 as an importer and trader of motorcycles. Later it was converted as public limited company in January 2012 and started the business of manufacturing and selling the motorcycle. Later it involves in assembling and three wheeler vehicles. Subsequently, the Company established its facility of assembling engines and manufacturing other parts of motorcycle and presently established its effective distribution channel throughout the country with a network of more than 100 active dealers and over 270 sales centers along with own 27 operational showrooms. RAL's products range of motorcycles covers series of motorcycles ranging from 80 CC to 150 CC, and about 12 models of motorcycles. RAL’s manufacturing facility is located at Bhaluka, Mymensingh. The factory is constructed with pre-fabricated steel structure on its own premises of 4,944.04 decimals land with a covered space of over 4,40,310 sft.
Legal and other Information
Runner Automobiles Limited is a public company limited by shares and is domiciled in Bangladesh. The Company was formed and incorporated with the Registrar of Joint Stock Companies and Firms in Bangladesh on July 4, 2000 incorporation no C-40658 (17)/2000 under Companies Act 1994 as a private company limited by shares. The company was converted into a public limited company on January 26, 2012 under the Companies Act, 1994.
The principal product of the Company is 2 Wheeler & 3 Wheeler. The products are sold to Customers and Corporate clients through dealers, Company Owned Company Operated (COCO) stores, through tenders and recently initiated online retail mode. RAL's products range varies from 80cc to 150cc with about 12 models of 2 Wheeler and scooters.
Runner Automobile has its own manufacturing plant at Mymensingh District which is approximately 70 kilometer away from the capital Dhaka city. Factory covers an area of 200,000 square feet. The factory is constructed on prefabricated steel structure on the company's own land.
The factory is capable of producing four series of motorcycles. It produces twelve models of motorcycles. The plant capacity for producing motorcycles each day are 500.
Runner being a manufacturer has been gearing up its research and development facilities especially in areas of Product Development and Testing. Apart from having various machines and equipment like Salt Spray Test Chamber, Coordinate Measuring Machine, Suspension Test Machine, Universal Load Test Bench, Electric Component Test Bench etc. RAL has recently ordered certain latest Test facilities like 2 Wheeler & 3 Wheeler Engine and Chassis Dynamo-meters from India which would further help enhance the Products performance on parameters of Torque, Power Acceleration, Fuel efficiency, Braking, Gradient Drive-ability and emissions etc. These engine and chassis dynamometers would be commissioned within 2016 and strengthen RAL R&D efforts.
Shakib Al Hasan, the captain of the Bangladesh's cricket team is the Brand Ambassador for Runner Group. He had become the brand's ambassador in 2012. He has signed another contract with Runner Automobiles in July 2017, for the next two years. According to the contract, "Shakib would also be obliged to promote Bajaj 3 Wheelers (LPG, Diesel, Cargo) and 4 wheeled Qute that are distributed in Bangladesh by Runner Automobiles under Bajaj- Runner association."
Hafizur Rahman Khan
Mr. Hafizur Rahman Khan, born in 1955, is the Chairman of Runner Automobiles Limited. He completed his B. Com (Hons), M. Com (Management) from University of Rajshahi. After completion of his education he started his career in a private organization named Farmland Engineering Limited in 1978 where he served till 1983. Then, he joined HS Enterprise Limited and served there till 1999 as Director Operation. Subsequently, he established Runner Automobiles Limited and is actively involved in the operations of the company. He is one of the most experienced industrialists in the automobiles sector. Hafizur Rahman Khan has been selected as Commercially Important Person (CIP) for the period 2013-2014.
Managing Director & CEO
Mr. Mukesh Sharma, born in 1973, is the Managing Director of Runner Automobiles Limited. He completed his Bachelor in Mechanical Engineering from CRSCE, Murthal in 1994. Later in 1998, he completed his Post graduation in Business Administration (Marketing) from LBSIM, New Delhi. He is a strategic leader with an experience of more than 23 years. He had worked with companies like Godrej GE appliances Ltd., Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd. and Hero Motocorp Ltd. He joined runner Automobiles in 2015 as Executive Director. In November 2016, he was elevated to Board of Directors In capacity of Managing Director & CEO.
- "Runner Automobiles Ltd". Runnerbd.com. Archived from the original on 2012-06-21. Retrieved 2012-07-04.
- "Runner Automobiles Ltd". Runnerbd.com. Archived from the original on 2012-01-24. Retrieved 2012-07-04.
- "DriveSpark - India-Bangladesh First Automotive Show Begins In Dhaka". www.drivespark.com. 2017-02-02. Retrieved 2017-10-24.
- Red-Herring Prospectus. Dhaka: Runners Automobiles Limited. October 2, 2016. p. 3.
- "Runner Automobile Limited | রানার অটোমোবাইল লিমিটেড". runnerbd.com. Retrieved 2017-10-24.
- http://www.banglanews24.com. "Shakib Runner's brand ambassador again". www.banglanews24.com. Retrieved 2017-10-25.
- "Shakib to remain Brand Ambassador of Runner for 2 more years – prnewsbd.com". www.prnewsbd.com. Retrieved 2017-10-25.
- "Runner makes foray into Nepal with 7 bikes". Retrieved 2017-12-21.
- Faruk Mehedy (2015-11-19), TOWARDS GROWTH HAFIJUR RAHMAN KHAN RUNNER CHAIRMAN, retrieved 2017-12-21
- "Runner Motorcycles opens business in Nepal | Dhaka Tribune". www.dhakatribune.com. Retrieved 2018-01-20.
- "News Details". www.bssnews.net. Retrieved 2018-01-20.
- "Runner dealers hold annual conference - bdnews24.com". bdnews24.com. Retrieved 2018-01-20.
- "New brand Indian Motorcycle in Bangladesh". The Daily Star. BSS. 15 January 2003.
- "Chinese firm to set up joint venture motorbike plant". The Daily Star. BSS. 8 December 2003.
- "Country to produce seven lakh motorbikes in 5 years". The New Nation. 15 January 2012 – via HighBeam Research. (Subscription required (. ))
- "Motorbike plant opens in Mymensingh today". The New Nation. 21 January 2012 – via HighBeam Research. (Subscription required (. ))
- "Automobile policy in the making". The New Nation. 23 January 2012 – via HighBeam Research. (Subscription required (. ))
- Ovi, Ibrahim Hossain (29 August 2013). "Motorbikes face dull sales". Dhaka Tribune. Archived from the original on 6 February 2016.
- Saha, Suman (23 September 2013). "Runner to make motorbike engines". The Daily Star.
- "Local motorcycle manufacturers gear up for new ventures". The Independent. Dhaka. 30 June 2015.
- "Duronto motorbikes gaining confidence". The New Nation. 23 July 2015.
- "Runner with US firm to make new brand motorbike". The Daily Observer. 30 September 2016.
- "Runner Automobiles to go public". The Daily Star. 20 October 2016.
- "Runner starts exporting bikes this month". The Independent. Dhaka. BSS. 11 January 2017.
- "Runner starts exporting motorbikes to Nepal". The Daily Star. 22 January 2017.
- "Export of motorcycles a glorious turn: Tofail". The Independent. Dhaka. BSS. 22 January 2017.
- "Bangladesh starts motorbike export". The Daily Sun. 22 January 2017.
- "Bajaj launches LPG-fuelled Qute in Bangladesh". Dhaka Tribune. 13 February 2017.
- "Runner introduces LPG-driven vehicles". The Daily Sun. 14 February 2017.
- "Runner Group". The Daily Sun. 20 April 2017.
- "Shakib urges bikers for safe riding". The New Nation. BSS. 24 July 2017.
- "Local motorcycle manufacturers set to increase market share". The Independent. Dhaka. 2 August 2017.
- "Runner to produce Eicher brand trucks in Bangladesh". The Financial Express. Dhaka. 29 August 2017.