SAP Business ByDesign
SAP Business ByDesign is software as a service sold by SAP SE, a German software company. It is an enterprise resource planning and business management software product designed for small and medium-sized enterprises. SAP announced SAP Business ByDesign on 19 September 2007 during an event in New York. It was previously known under the code name "A1S".
The software is designed to track end-to-end business processes across the following scenarios (referred to by SAP as "modules"): customer relationship management, financial management, project management, supply chain management, supplier relationship management, human resources management, executive management support and compliance management. Designed for midsize companies or subsidiaries of larger enterprises, it is delivered on-demand by SAP with a monthly subscription for a minimum of 10 users. It has built-in business analytics, e-learning, and support.
It is built on the principles of a service oriented architecture (SOA). Integration between business capabilities is accomplished via messages. The underlying technology stack is a multi-tenancy enabled SAP NetWeaver stack, leveraging SAP's in-memory HANA database.
It is available in Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada, China, Denmark, France, Germany, India, Italy, Japan, Mexico, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Spain, South Africa, Switzerland, the United Kingdom and the United States. Customers and partners can produce (partially) localized country versions using the Localization Toolkit provided by SAP. Therefore, as of December 2015, SAP Business ByDesign has been implemented in 92 countries.
- List of ERP software packages
- Comparison of accounting software
- Cloud computing
- Customer relationship management
- Supply chain management
- Project management
- List of SAP products
- Kawamoto, Dawn (2007). "SAP launches on-demand business service". ZDNet. Retrieved January 24, 2011.
- "SAP Business ByDesign Unveiled Press Release". SAP. September 19, 2007. Retrieved January 24, 2011.
- Niccolai, James (September 19, 2007). "SAP discloses price, delivery plans for A1S hosted apps". Computer World. Retrieved January 24, 2011.
- "SAP Business ByDesign Overview Page". SAP. Retrieved January 24, 2011.
- Howlett, Dennis (August 2, 2010). "SAP Business ByDesign 2.5 arrives; what now?". ZDNet. Retrieved January 24, 2011.