This article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2013)
SMART-S Signaal Multibeam Acquisition Radar for Tracking, S band is a naval medium to long-range air and surface surveillance multibeam passive electronically scanned array 3D radar designed by Thales Nederland, formerly Hollandse Signaalapparaten (Signaal). SMART-S Mk2 is very successful. Only six years after its introduction, 30 systems were sold to navies all over the world. The radar transmitter/receiver (T/R) modules for the MK-2 are purchased by Thales from Aselsan of Turkey.
- Thales Nederland
- ASELSAN of Turkey- Licence produced for serial use in MILGEM project class of vessels
- Antenna system:
- Maximum instrumented range: 250 km (130 nmi)
- Maximum detection ranges:
- Range accuracy: < 20 m (66 ft)
- Maximal numbers of tracked targets:
- Sea+Air: 500
- Karel Doorman-class frigate (Upgraded Mk1)
- Absalon-class support ship (Mk2 version)
- Martadinata-class frigate (Mk2 version)
- Brandenburg-class frigate
- Milgem-class corvette (Mk 2 Version Licence Produced by ASELSAN)
- G-class frigate (Mk2 version)
- Gowind-class corvette
- Barbaros-class frigate (Mk2 version)
- Halifax-class frigate (Mk2 version)
- Khareef-class corvette (Mk2 version)
- Almirante Padilla-class frigate (Mk2 version)
- Cassard-class frigate (Mk2 version)
- Charles de Gaulle-class aircraft carrier
- Guaiquerí-class patrol boat (Mk2 version)
- Anzac-class frigate. Two Royal New Zealand Navy frigates receive SMART-S Mk2 as part of the ANZAC Frigate System Upgrade.
- Maharaja Lela-class frigate - SMART-S Mk 2 to equip the Royal Malaysian Navy's stealth frigates.
- Adhafer-class corvette - Thales Smart-S Mk2 3D air and surface surveillance radar will equip Future Algerian National Navy C28A corvette or frigate 
- ORP Ślązak. Former Gawron-class corvette later reclassified as patrol vessel will be fitted with SMART-S Mk2.
- Sigma-class design SIGMA POLA (Long Range Patrol) 10514 frigates of the Mexican Navy will use SMART-S Mk2.
- Thales SMART-L, long range version in the SMART radar family.
- "Smart-S Mk2 naval radar Medium Long Range S Band Multibeam Solid State Surveillance Target Designation Thales Nederlands Turkish Royal Moroccan Danish Canadian French Navy Marine Nationale Cassard Absalon datasheet pictures photos video specifications". Retrieved 12 April 2018.
- "Aselsan to provide transmitter/receiver modules for Thales radar". Retrieved 12 April 2018.
- "Defence Turkey Magazine". www.defence-turkey.com. Retrieved 12 April 2018.
- "Radar Systems - Capabilities - ASELSAN". www.aselsan.com.tr. Retrieved 12 April 2018.
- "Thales to equip New Zealand's ANZAC frigates with SMART-S Mk2 radar". Retrieved 12 April 2018.
- "CSTC Showcases the future Algerian Navy C28A Corvette and Thai Navy LPD models at DSA 2014". Retrieved 12 April 2018.
- "Thales to supply mission suite for Polish Patrol Vessel ORP ŚLĄZAK". Retrieved 12 April 2018.
- "Damen Lays Keel of SIGMA 10514 Long Range Patrol Vessel for Mexican Navy". Retrieved 12 April 2018.