|This article needs additional or better citations for verification. (March 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
SMART-S Signaal Multibeam Acquisition Radar for Tracking, S band is a naval medium to long-range air and surface surveillance multibeam passive electronically scanned array 3D radar designed by Thales Nederland, formerly Hollandse Signaalapparaten (Signaal). SMART-S Mk2 is very successful. Only six years after its introduction, 30 systems were sold to navies all over the world. The radar transmitter/receiver (T/R) modules for the MK-2 are purchased by Thales from ASELSAN of Turkey.
- Thales Nederland
- ASELSAN of Turkey- Licence produced for serial use in MILGEM project class of vessels
- Antenna system:
- Maximum instrumented range: 250 km (130 nmi)
- Maximum detection ranges:
- Range accuracy: < 20 m (66 ft)
- Maximal numbers of tracked targets:
- Sea+Air: 500
- Karel Doorman class frigate (Upgraded Mk1)
- Absalon class support ship (Mk2 version)
- Sigma class corvette (frigate variant only, Mk2 version)
- Brandenburg class frigate
- Milgem class corvette (Mk 2 Version Licence Produced by ASELSAN)
- G-class frigate (Mk2 version)
- Gowind-class corvette
- Barbaros class frigate (Mk2 version)
- Halifax-class frigate (Mk2 version)
- Khareef class corvette (Mk2 version)
- Almirante Padilla-class frigate (Mk2 version)
- Cassard class frigate (Mk2 version)
- Charles de Gaulle aircraft carrier
- Second Generation Patrol Vessel. SMART-S Mk 2 to equip the Royal Malaysian Navy's stealth frigates.
- C28A. Thales Smart-S Mk2 3D air and surface surveillance radar will equip Future Algerian National Navy C28A Corvette or frigate 
- ORP Ślązak. Former Gawron-class corvette later reclassified as patrol vessel will be fitted with SMART-S Mk2.
- Anzac-class frigate. Two Royal New Zealand Navy frigates will receive SMART-S Mk2 as part of the ANZAC Frigate System Upgrade.
- Thales SMART-L, long range version in the SMART radar family.
- SMART-S Mk2 Medium to Long Range (S-Band) Solid State Surveillance Radar
- Thales to supply mission suite for Polish Patrol Vessel ORP ŚLĄZAK.
- Thales to equip New Zealand’s ANZAC frigates with SMART-S Mk2 radar.