Sadda Haq (TV series)
|Sadda Haq - My Life, My Choice|
|Created by||Anand Sivakumaran|
|Music by||Abhijeet Das|
|Country of origin||India|
|No. of seasons||2|
|No. of episodes||654|
|Executive producer(s)||Hamavvand Chwda|
|Cinematography||Hanoz VK (Hanoz Kerawala)|
|Running time||Approx. 22 minutes|
|Original network||Channel V India|
|Original release||November 25, 2013– June 30, 2016|
Sadda Haq - My Life, My Choice (translation : My Rights - My Life, My Choice) is an Indian television series which originally aired on Channel V India from November 25, 2013, to June 30, 2016, lasting two seasons. The Times of India said the show features characters from a range of areas across the country that are not common on television shows.
- Harshita Gaur as Sanyukta Aggarwal
- Param Singh as Randhir Singh Shekhawat
- Gachui Homring as Kaustuki Sherpa
- Chirag Desai as Jignesh Patel
- Nisha Neha Nayak as Vidushi Kumar
- Ankit Gupta as Parth Kashyap
- Prince Dua as Khuswant Singh
- Manik Talwar as Sahil Kataria
- Neeraj Khetarpal as Prof. Prem Kumar Chaudhary
- Swati Taldar as Maya Raichand
- Krip Suri as Prof. Vardhan Suryavanshi
- Gaurav Chopra as Prof. Abhay Singh Ranawat
- Varun Sharma as Sameer Mittal
- Kunal Bakshi as Rana and Inspector Hooda
- Sejal Shah as Mrs. Anjali Aggarwal
- Ashwini Koul as Aryan Harshwal
- Shabnam Pandey as Sanaya Jha
- Mohak Khurana as Joy Dasgupta
- Sneha Shah as Kritika Narayan Swamy
- Puneett Chouksey as Arjun Khanna
- Aashutosh Semwal as Sumit Jain
- Ali Merchant as Nirmaan Nambiar
- Simran Kapoor as Becky
- Mridula Choudhury as Mrs. S. Subramanyam
- Mohit Chauhan as Mr. Kishore Aggarwal
- Kushabh Manghani as Ankit Aggarwal
- Aaradhna Uppal as Mrs. Renuka Sanyal
- Harsh Vashisht as Mr. Harshvardhan Shekhawat
||This section may require cleanup to meet Wikipedia's quality standards. The specific problem is: Character descriptions should be incorporated into the cast list above. This is a normal practice for television articles. See List of Millennium characters as an example. (April 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
A brief introduction to some of the characters in the show :
- Harshita Gaur portrays Sanyukta Aggarwal, she tries to overcome all hurdles in her life by stepping into the road not taken.
- Param Singh Bhatia portrays Randhir Singh Shekhawat, a sheer genius in his field of study, rude and arrogant yet kind and irresistible.
- Nisha Neha Nayak portrays Vidushi Kumar, ambitious, aggressive, want achievements by any means necessary.
- Ankit Gupta portrays Parth Kashyap, calm and composed in nature, friendly and matured but his past haunts him every moment.
- Gachui Homring portrays Kaustuki Sherpa, honest, righteous but confused in nature.
- Chirag Desai portrays Jignesh Patel, known as Jiggy in college with a Gujarati lifestyle and accent, career oriented.
- Krip Suri portrays Prof. Vardhan Suryavanshi, the mentor of "Dream Team", genius, aggressive in nature, handles difficult students and forms the "Dream Team".
- Aaradhna Uppal portrays Mrs. Renuka Sanyal, Randhir's mother, a corporate woman and one of the members of board of trustees of FITE.
- Kushabh Manghani portrays Ankit Aggarwal, Sanyukta's elder brother, works in his father's company, supports the male dominance.
- Kunal Bakshi portrays Rana and Inspector Hooda, a corrupt police officer and a criminal.
- Afzaal Khan portrays Vikram Thakur, appointed as the Foreman in Sanyukta's father's company, carries out the internship programme.
- Meer Ali portrays Prof. Vivek Chauhan, appointed as the new mentor of "Dream team", alcoholic, later terminated from the post.
- Gaurav Chopra portrays Prof. Abhay Singh Ranawat, the new mentor of "Dream Team", appointed to groom them for the international college tech fest event, genius but alcoholic due to his troubled past.
- Rohit Sharma portrays Namit, Parth's cousin
- Ali Merchant portrays Nirmaan, a multi-layered intelligent guy and a passionate scientist and the director of "Indian Space Research Centre (ISRC)".
Mamta Yash Patnaik, Producer and Chief Creative Director of Beyond Dreams Entertainment Private Limited house and co-founder of Inspire Films Private Limited production house said "The audiences are evolving with each passing day. So the content needs to evolve too. The same emotions have to be told in a new refreshing manner which will connect with the youth. We wanted to give a different show not only in terms of content but also make it visually different. The key was to have a play out which is emotional and still not look like any GEC soap." 
Yash A Patnaik, Chairman and Managing Director of Beyond Dreams Entertainment Private Limited house added "It's very exciting to produce youth shows because then you're not doing the regular things that are going on these days. You can break conventions and make your own rules with youth shows. It's a very unexplored space." 
|First aired||Last aired|
|1||537||25 November 2013||25 December 2015|
|2||117||19 January 2016||30 June 2016|
Awards and nominations
Year - 2014
- Indian Telly Awards
- Youth Show (Fiction) [Won]
- Actor in a Supporting Role (Drama) - Krip Suri [Nominated]
Year - 2015
- "The end of an era: Is Channel V going to shut down?". mid-day.com. 12 May 2016. Retrieved 15 January 2017.
- "Writers of 12 bestsellers Durjoy and Sumrit write Sadda Haq - The Times of India". indiatimes.com. 30 January 2014. Retrieved 7 May 2015.
- "TV show with a difference". telegraphindia.com. 2 July 2014. Retrieved 4 June 2015.
- "Created a niche with acting chops". indiatimes.com. 10 January 2015. Retrieved 4 June 2015.
- "Gape guys on TV". telegraphindia.com. 17 July 2014. Retrieved 4 June 2015.
- "Sadda Haq- The young adult fave watch!". abplive.in. 2 July 2014. Retrieved 4 June 2015.
- "Effort is to make modern characters more real". indiatimes.com. 13 January 2014. Retrieved 4 June 2015.
- "Krip Suri is getting to explore different genres". indiatimes.com. 16 February 2015. Retrieved 4 June 2015.
- "Primarily known for his role of Prof. Vardhan". tribuneindia.com. 17 April 2015. Retrieved 10 June 2015.
- "Aaradhna Uppal to enter Sadda Haq!". urbanasian.com. 28 January 2014. Retrieved 6 June 2015.
- "Kushabh enthralled viewers". tribuneindia.com. 20 May 2015. Retrieved 5 June 2015.
- "Kunal Bakshi enters Sadda Haq". tellychakkar.com. 10 March 2014. Retrieved 4 June 2015.
- "Afzaal Khan will essay the role of Vikram Thakur". tribuneindia.com. 25 Jan 2015. Retrieved 5 June 2015.
- "Meer Ali enters 'Sadda Haq'". indiatimes.com. 22 March 2015. Retrieved 4 June 2015.
- "Gaurav Chopraa turns alcoholic for 'Sadda Haq'". indiatimes.com. 9 April 2015. Retrieved 4 June 2015.
- "Gaurav Chopraa devised a unique plan to prepare for his part". indiatimes.com. 4 May 2015. Retrieved 10 June 2015.
- "Newbie Rohit sharma enters channel v Sadda Haq". tellychakkar.com.
- "Ali Merchant to return to TV with Sadda Haq". indianexpress.com. 26 January 2016. Retrieved 26 January 2016.
- "Critic's Review". indiatimes.com. 30 January 2014. Retrieved 10 June 2015.
- "The Unexplored genre". indianexpress.com. 7 May 2014. Retrieved 10 June 2015.
- "List of nominees and winners of 13th Indian Telly Awards, 2014". indiantelevision.com. 9 September 2014. Retrieved 7 May 2015.
- "List of nominees and winners of 14th Indian Telly Awards, 2015". indiantelevision.com. 28 November 2015. Archived from the original on 20 April 2016. Retrieved 6 December 2015.