Ali at ITA awards
|Spouse(s)||Sara Khan (m. 2010-11)
Anam Merchant (m. 2016-present)
Ali Merchant is an Indian television actor. His first television stint was when he auditioned for Roadies 3. He has appeared in several well-known television serials, including Kahani Ghar Ghar Ki, Amber Dhara and Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai.
At the age of 17, Merchant won the Mr. Bombay title. He started his television acting career with the popular television series Kahani Ghar Ghar Ki after playing the role of Bharat. He gained recognition by appearing in the television serials Ssshhhh...Phir Koi Hai, and Amber Dhara. After these roles, he played roles in the serials Raja Ki Aayegi Baraat and Do Hanson Ka Jodaa. In an episode of Yeh Hai Aashiqui he played the character Rudra, who reaches Mumbai in search of better future but ends up falling in love. He starred opposite Ruchi Savarn. He also played the role of Rituraj in Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai.
Ali grew up into a Shia Muslim family in Mumbai, India. He married Sara Khan, a Sunni Muslim in an Islamic Wedding Ceremony on 10 November 2010 on the fourth season of the reality show Bigg Boss. However they got divorced just after two months in 2011. Close friends of the couple stated that the couple were paid ₹5 million (US$78,000) for the marriage. The channel Colors denied paying them for the marriage and called it their personal wish. Merchant said in an episode of the reality show Sach Ka Saamna's second season that the marriage was the biggest mistake of his life and that he had married for publicity but did not expect or accept any money for the same. Sara Khan called the marriage a nightmare. He is also a business consultant and heads a chemical plant. He is also a DJ. And now happily married to Anam Merchant who is a Banker.
- Kahani Ghar Ghar Ki... Bharat Agrawal
- Amber Dhara (2007–2008)... Akshat
- Rubi (2008)...Kunal Oberoi
- Ghar Ek Sapna (2009)... Ansh Verma
- Saat Phere (2009)... Rajveer
- Qatil Kaun (2009)
- Jauhar (2009)... Rajkumar Aaditya Singh
- Raja Ki Aayegi Baraat (2009–2010)... Kunwar Angad
- Bandini (2010)... Vishal Mehra
- Aahat (Rengti Chudail) (2010)...Vishal
- Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai (2009,2011)... Rituraj
- Do Hanson Ka Jodaa (2010)... Rishi
- Bigg Boss (Season 4) (2010)... Himself
- Looteri Dulhan (2011)... Ronit
- Hum Ne Li Hai- Shapath (2013)... Anuj/Ajay
- Welcome - Baazi Mehmaan-Nawaazi ki (2013)... Himself
- Fear Files (2014)... Vishesh
- Sadda Haq (Season 2) (2016)... Nirmaan
- "Ali Merchant: Coming back to TV is like rejuvenation for me". The Times of India. 29 June 2014. Retrieved 20 July 2014.
- "It's great to be back on TV: Ali Merchant". The Indian Express. Mumbai. 25 June 2014. Retrieved 20 July 2014.
- "Sara Khan: I will not be marrying 'again'".
- "Sara Khan and Ali Merchant to get paid to marry on 'Bigg Boss'". India Today. 10 November 2010. Retrieved 20 July 2014.
- Marwah, Navdeep Kaur (16 March 2012). "I married only for publicity: Ali Merchant". Hindustan Times. Retrieved 20 July 2014.
- Kadam, Prachi (16 February 2011). "My marriage turned into a nightmare: Sara Khan". Daily News and Analysis. Mumbai. Retrieved 20 July 2014.
- Jambhekar, Shruti (22 July 2014). "There's more to me than Sara Khan and the marriage controversy: Ali Merchant". The Times of India. Retrieved 22 July 2014.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Ali Merchant.|